cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

South Myrtle Wally World overnight

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
We've got reservations at Pirateland for Memorial Day and we may go down late Friday. Has anyone stayed overnight at the Wal-Mart on 544 and 17? Do they allow it?
Any other close by places anyone can recommend? I had to pay for Friday so I can check in first thing.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion
17 REPLIES 17

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
The Walmart Neighborhood Market across from OL and Lakewood has signs for no overnight stays. Not sure about the Walmart Super Center on 544 near the camping World. But we have seen a few parked there before. You could probably get away with it more at the supercenter. I'm sure the RV resorts across from the neighborhood market will have something to say about overnighting there and not giving them your money...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Myrtle beach is already hot and humid. A night with no A/C would be tough.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is 544 that ends at the entrance to OL.
Puma 30RKSS

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
They have a sign for no overnighting. I stayed at camping world, pulled in the back with plenty of space.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

captainkirk1856
Explorer
Explorer
While I was at Pirateland last year, I seen some roll in pretty late. I have also seen that lot next to check-in have 3 rigs in it before dawn. They seem to have a good crew working there, they can probably tell you some options.

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Why don't you try to call the Walmart on 544, I know the small one across 17 from Lakewood / Ocean Lakes will not let you.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Since you have a paid reservation, I'd give them a call when you're a couple of hours away to tell them where you are and when you'll be there.
That time of year, most anything will be booked. The beach is a big draw, but so are all the golf courses.
A group of us (16) used to hit MB every year for seven days of golf. 3 that we'd already played and liked, and 4 new ones. It took us several years to play them all. Hotels, motels and CGs were booked solid (and expensive).
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Cocky_Camper
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you could get a spot at the state park that late, go for it, but it usually books up pretty fast from labor day to memorial day.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

schrecker96
Explorer
Explorer
I have friends that arrived at PL between midnight and 1am and they let them overnight it in the parking lot next to the check in building. But I am not sure if this is something they do all of the time.
2010 Jayco Eagle 313RKS

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
Big sign out where the RV park at Wally World. Says NO RV parking. Usually it is covered up by the RVs parked there.

However. Don't know how many times you have stayed at PL. But in our trips there, we have noticed that they will let you in at most anytime day or night. You should give them a call. Especially if you have already paid for Friday night. I'm betting you can get in.

It's midnight I did call. The thing is I haven't been to PL in years so I'm unfamiliar with the layout, plus I've got a back in site in the woods. Not feeling all warm and fuzzy about backing a CCLB and 35ft trailer in the dark AND trying to be as quiet as possible. So I'm thinking if I can't get there by dark I might hang out at that Wal Mart.
If it were MBTP where we always stay, I wouldn't think twice about rolling in real late.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure about the Walmart. I will say I don't know how you could pull into the Camping World on 544. I had a hard time just parking my truck when I was there. That place is packed!
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big sign out where the RV park at Wally World. Says NO RV parking. Usually it is covered up by the RVs parked there.

However. Don't know how many times you have stayed at PL. But in our trips there, we have noticed that they will let you in at most anytime day or night. You should give them a call. Especially if you have already paid for Friday night. I'm betting you can get in.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
I spent the past winter at the MB State Parks...

Yes there are RV's there most days... nights... 544 & 17 Wally World (Wal-Mart)

I have no idea if they asked... and sometimes there are 4 to 5 of them.

but Camping World is packed with new units.. almost no room to park a few trucks for the store.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
The RV Parky App shows that you can sleep there.

It a very handy APP to have when traveling.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C