cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

St Francois State Park,Bonne Terre,Mo

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We just spent 4 nights at St Francois (pronounced Francis)State Park near Bonne Terre,Mo,about 30 miles south of St Louis.If you must have FHU or can't do without satelite,this isn't for you.But if you like space between sites,lots of trees,individual showers,hiking trails,a creek for fishing and wading,this is for you.They have 30 amp electric in one section and no hookups in the other.They sell ice and firewood.Our site,# 30 was at the end of the loop and huge.There is a super Walmart and lots of stores and restaurants about 12 miles south if you need anything.I had 4G signal on my Sprint phone.They have water hydrants throughout the loop and a dump station and a selection of pull throughs and back in sites.The one pair of campground hosts were super friendly.
2 REPLIES 2

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
And then the prize for worst roads go to eastern Indiana I-70.IDOT makes PennDOT look great!We went home on I64 and the roads were much better with less traffic though it took us a little longer.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Missouri had the cheapest gas prices on our trip from Pennsylvania.We paid as high as $3.90 per gallon in some places but in Missouri it was as cheap as $3.35 a gallon.