cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Summer RV park in north arizona

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We r fulltimers and have been driving north to Washington state in summer. Are thinking of staying in AZ next summer and would like suggestions for reasonable RV parks in Northern AZ. Don't need a clubhouse or restroom facilities. Would like to do some fishing and golfing.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
14 REPLIES 14

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Love the area around Alpine AZ. Fishing at Luna Lake or if you have a toad or truck take a drive to East Fork Black River or any of a number of other streams and lakes nearby. All great Trout fishing. Nice and cool in the summer.

Take a look at this RV campground. Very nice in the pines.
http://www.coronadotrailrvpark.com/
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
Nutz, drive two hours North or East from Phoenix and you are at 7,000 feet. Even you should be able to understand that it is much cooler at that elevation. You should get out of Michigan sometime and come visit Arizona.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
I too, am always amazed at the people who obviously know nothing about Arizona....but sure think they do. lol
There are countless beautiful, cooler mountain areas to spend the summer months, rather than the hot desert. And just a few hours drive away.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Yeh, as I said, I could not document it, 996 Pilot. All I do know is that there are a LOT of mountains in AZ and people who have not been here think it is all dry desert. It is not by any means.

We love CO and will be there 58 days this summer. The main reason we left our beautiful home in Estes Park was that it was at 7800 feet.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the replies. It's been amusing reading from those who know nothing about Arizona. We've been fulltime for 11 years and have been all over. We are planning to have a home near Yuma in a couple years and just go north to cooler for a few months mid summer. We realize we won't want to travel way north to Washington state forever.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
We lived in Show Low for a few years. It is cool in the summer rarely over 90*. There are monsoon rains nearly every day from late June to Sept.
There is good lake fishing nearby.
Find a nice commercial park and make your reservations early, the *valley* residents flock to the area to escape the heat.
Jesseannie
PS We moved away because the altitude *6500 feet* was just too much for me.

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed in Flagstaff several times and enjoyed the area. Golf is available but I don't know about fishing. I suggest you look at Durango, Colorado. A favorite of ours is Blue Spruce RV Park on Lake Vallecito--fishing nearby and golf in Durango. And at 8000 feet--always COOL in the summer.

996Pilot
Explorer
Explorer
Lauren wrote:
travelnuts ---- hate to tell you but you are showing your lack of knowledge of AZ. I have heard, but cannot document, that AZ has more peaks over 10,000 feet than any state in the nation.

Colorado has as many peaks over 14,000 feet as Arizona has over 10,000 feet. Colorado has well more than twice as many over 13,000 feet than Arizona has over 10,000 feet. I think Colorado wins (for the lower 48) with peaks over 10,000 feet - hands down!! Not sure about Alaska?
2018 Arctic Fox 811
2015 RAM 3500 SRW Laramie Longhorn 6.7 Cummins 68RFE Timbren SES, Lower Stableloads
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9 Cummins 48RE TRADED
2006 Outfitter Apex 8 TRADED

JMelton
Explorer
Explorer
We just spent a week in Tucson/Phoenix area where the temps were 104ยฐ-111ยฐ. Traveled up to Sedona which was absolutely beautiful. Campgrounds along the road and 2 golf courses in town. Fly fishing along the stream plus the temp was mid 80's.
2007 Ford F-250 4WD Lariat 6.0
Timbren SES / Rancho RS9000XL

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
travelnuts ---- hate to tell you but you are showing your lack of knowledge of AZ. I am sitting here south of Tucson at 3000 feet elevation looking at a 9500 foot peak in the Santa Rita Mountains from my back patio. I can be up there at base level of 6000 feet for a hike or picnic anytime in 1/2 hour. AZ is full of mountains. I have heard, but cannot document, that AZ has more peaks over 10,000 feet than any state in the nation.

I would, as would many, rather tolerate the heat in the summer with a/c than cold, snow and ice in the winter as do you - and as I did for my life up until age 55 in MN and WI.

That being said and on subject I would check Show Low or Flagstaff areas. Show Low has Fool Hollow State Park which is great for your fishing but you are time limited on your stay. But good fishing. And golf around there as well.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
I absolutely loved Show Low, PineTop, Flagstaff and Verde Valley in the Summer to escape the heat of the AZ. desert!! A nice cool and dry 80's daytime and 55-60 nights!

Go on AllStays.com to find a campground and RvParkReviews.com to select a park that has good reviews!

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Spending the summer in Arizona in the intense heat? And where you want to go actual fishing which means in real waters? And wanting to play golf too under the hot dry ever beating sun and dust with almost no shade possible?

Maybe a min of over 500 to 2000+ miles north or northeast of Arizona would be a really smart choice like most thinking other folks have already found out the hard way!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

GraciesDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
The best place to spend the summer in Arizona?

...Anywhere in MONTANA!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Watch your tail swing... Keep the greasy side down and keep it 'tweeeeeeeeen the ditches, Y'all!

John E. Baker, III & Sally Baker - The Traveling Siblings!
Co-pilots: Llasah Lilly, Brown Daschie Chloe and Tuxedo Foots

akrv
Explorer
Explorer
Try Show Low AZ it has 3 golf courses and some fishing.
2005 Coachmen Concord 275DS
2004 Malibu Maxx LT