cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sun City/ Surprise AZ area Winter 2017/18

susblum
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to spend next winter in the area with our class A coach. Any suggestions. The reviews on other sites are making my head spin.
Hoping to find a nice clean quiet place. One said the jets flying overhead are too noisy. Another you rent from a realty company. It's a shot in the dark as we are from the east coast.
All suggestions appreciated!
6 REPLIES 6

susblum
Explorer
Explorer
Buckeye is awesome. Would stay there ina heartbeat if closer to family. Any feedback on Sunflower RV Resort?

fulltimedaniel
Explorer
Explorer
I know you want to hear about Surprise and Sun city and you may have very good reasons for choosing those.

But Tuscon is so much more manageable in all respects less noise, traffic, people,cars. It is definitely a slower pace and has everything Phoenix area has just not in such overwhelming profusion.

Also in Phoenix area the parks are HUGE here they tend to be smaller and friendlier in my opinion.

But good luck no matter where you decide on.

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
If you are not dead set on Surprise, there is a very nice somewhat upscale park in Buckeye, on the southwest side of Phoenix. Think it's about 30 mins from Surprise. Leaf Verde is the name of the park. Very well maintained, large sites, plenty to do, and everything you need about a mile away (walmart, grocery, drug store, restaurants, etc) Price very reasonable; I had a back in site and was paying less than $600 month plus elec.

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
We also stayed at Paradise for a season. We liked all aspects of it. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Paradise RV Resort in Sun City, off Union Hills and 109th a couple times.
They have a ton of activities. It is a very active Senior community. The front has a guard gate with 24hr security. All the residents are very nice. There are also a lot of seasonal RV'rs there.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
susblum wrote:
Looking to spend next winter in the area with our class A coach. Any suggestions. The reviews on other sites are making my head spin.
Hoping to find a nice clean quiet place. One said the jets flying overhead are too noisy. Another you rent from a realty company. It's a shot in the dark as we are from the east coast.
All suggestions appreciated!

In the Sun city and Surprise areas the air force jets are loud and noisy 2 or 3 times a day but not on weekends.
1. Go on line "Good Sam RV Parks" to start your search after you have a general idea of what you for amenities and location i.e pools, golf, pickle ball, activities center, classes etc. Just type in the city or area and it will bring up all the RV parks/resorts in that area and a description of all the park has to offer. Most RV parks/resorts have RVers that stay 3 to 5 months. the longer you stay the better the rates. Jan through March are the high season for RVers and snowbirds. Generally speaking if you find a park that meets are your needs you should make reservations 6 or more months in advance. Also, buy a Good Sam RV book from camping world to help you search. Generally, the smaller the RV parks the closer the sites are to each other and less privacy. Figure on about $1200 per month more or less.