cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sunman, In: Lake in the Pines Campground Or Versailles SP

BigSkillet
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for any reviews for this campground. Will be in the area just overnight. Can't find anything useful online. Looks nice on Google Maps but would like to hear from someone who stayed there. Was also thinking of Versailles State Park if anyone had thoughts on it.
8 REPLIES 8

cecerecreek
Explorer
Explorer
I dropped out of Thousand Trails a few years ago as the Campgrounds that I used were very average, or even sub par. During my experience they were allowing anyone to camp in their "Preserves", one of the reasons I left.
CecereCreek
"04" Newmar Scottsdale
"10" Chev Colorado
"93" Gold Wing
Have Clubs/Will Golf
Smith & Wesson "Security System"

BigSkillet
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate all the replies. I'm wondering about Lake in the Pines. After an extensive Google search I could only find a phone number for them. Made several calls and got no answer nor return calls. There is a Facebook page for them where a couple people said they had a good time but it's also not very detailed. Looks like I'll stay away from it since they're not putting themselves out there very well.
I'll look into Indian Trails. I have a trial membership into Thousand Trails but not for that zone. I'll call and see if I get some kind of TT discount and keep in mind it will be good enough for a night. I'm tempted to try Versailles since it's getting so many good reviews.
I'll be getting off of I74 at exit 164 and taking some backroads to my destination. I'll be just a few miles North of I74. Until I can modify my sig, I have a 21ft Chinook Concourse MH.

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of Lake in the Pines, but Versailles State Park is one of our favorites. Not sure what size rig you have but if its long stay away from the A loop. Its tight. B and C are more open. There are also alot of shady sites. Reserve America has pics of each site at Versailles.
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

cecerecreek
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure of your travel plans but just off I-74 near Batesville,In, which is not as far off the interstate as Sunman there is a Thousand Trails Park called Indian Trails. Rumor has it that KOA is some how involved in it's operation now. They do have a section of full hook up but they do fill up quickly. The park is huge and most sites are electric only. I had stayed there a few times but felt it was not "up to par". but would be a ok stop for over night. I would think it's a much easier in & out than anything in Sunman. I have not heard of Lake in the Pines . Indiana State Parks have a good reputation , but Versailles is a good distance from I-74 if that is the route your traveling.
CecereCreek
"04" Newmar Scottsdale
"10" Chev Colorado
"93" Gold Wing
Have Clubs/Will Golf
Smith & Wesson "Security System"

TheAmRheins
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with Lake in the Pines but Versailles SP is really nice.
Ken & Kathy
Ruben(the cat)& Tiadora (nother cat)
2003 Chev 3500 D/A Dually
2009 Landmark Augusta

BigSkillet
Explorer
Explorer
Those 2 places are in or near Sunman, Indiana that I'm looking for info on. Thanks for the State Park review!

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Versailles State Park in Indiana and it is very, very nice with an excellent rv campground.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Where??
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse