cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tallulah Gorge SP

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone familar with Tallulah Gorge SP, GA? We're thinking about making reservations for a gathering that is said to fill up early. What are the campsites like? Level? Treed? I know Georgia reservations are site non-specific and really don't want to get stuck with a bummer. Are the sites in general relatively level and private?
After reading RVParkReviews I thought they were talking about two different parks. What's you opinion?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
7 REPLIES 7

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
garmp1 wrote:
Thanks a ton Magnus. Plan on making our reservations when the window opens up. Bring our DO and kick back for a couple of days.

I think you'll enjoy it. It was quiet when we were there a couple of Springs ago. That whole area around Clayton is beautiful.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a look at the sites at campsitephotos.com
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks a ton Magnus. Plan on making our reservations when the window opens up. Bring our DO and kick back for a couple of days.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
garmp1 wrote:
magnus,
Sold our Sportsmobile :(but have moved on/up to a Phoenix Cruiser 2100). Age and health are catching up with us and we just needed a few more conviences, ie., fridge, john, full time eating area, etc. That's why I asked about the sites being level the new unit has a fridge and it should be "level", which makes me paranoid. For sure don't want to burn up a new convenience before I get used to it.
We plan on Tallulah Gorge being only our third or fourth trip after getting the PC2100 in March (hopefully).

thanks

Those are really nice RVs. You two are blessed:w

As far as I can tell all the sites are level. Ours was just fine. We always carry two tri-levelers just case but we didn't need them there. Tri-leveler

Below are some photos of their sites. Some of the sites have more room so it's easier to find a sweet spot. We enjoyed staying at TG a couple years ago and we count it among our favorites. It has a small beach you hike to. Then there's the suspension bridge but you have to traverse a lot of stairs to get to it. On the way in to the CG is an interesting museum of the area also. Well worth the time to see it. Then there are those fantastic waterfall cascades.
Factoid: the movie "Deliverance" was filmed in the gorge. If you hear banjos, don't worry, you're safe :B

TG campsite photos
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
magnus,
Sold our Sportsmobile :(but have moved on/up to a Phoenix Cruiser 2100). Age and health are catching up with us and we just needed a few more conviences, ie., fridge, john, full time eating area, etc. That's why I asked about the sites being level the new unit has a fridge and it should be "level", which makes me paranoid. For sure don't want to burn up a new convenience before I get used to it.
We plan on Tallulah Gorge being only our third or fourth trip after getting the PC2100 in March (hopefully).

thanks

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to visit the near by Toccoa college. It is a pretty campus and the Toccoa Falls waterfall, on campus, is great. Tallulah Gorge is very pretty also; it has the deepest gorge east of the Mississippi River.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a smaller campground, nicely kept. Good sites but not quite as private as some of the other state parks like Vogel. The road to the campground can be serpentine and steep in spots. If you still have your Sportsmobile you shouldn't have any trouble.

Magnus