cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Texas State Park fees

greg121
Explorer
Explorer
If I stay overnight in a Texas State Park without an annual pass what is the charge above the camping charge for the site. Would I have to pay the per person daily fee twice (arrival day, departure day)? Or just once?
7 REPLIES 7

Golfcart
Explorer
Explorer
Yea once you break down the price it really does make sense to get it

Glad i could help!
2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Golfcart wrote:
The rate is between 3$ and 7$ per day depending on the park(like said above, the busier the park, the more it costs) on top of the 20-26$ price of the campsite per night

The state park pass is 75$

Based on the 7$ daily admission into the parks my wife and I usually goto, the park pass pays itself off in 3 two day/weekend trips. As well as waived entrance fees, the park pass also comes with 6 coupons for the 2nd night half off(for the campsite) to save you even more money

There's a little food for thought in case you ever plan on going back to one of texas' great parks ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the advice- my wife and I heading to Texas this fall, and I was on the fence for purchasing one. I will buy for sure now.

Golfcart
Explorer
Explorer
The rate is between 3$ and 7$ per day depending on the park(like said above, the busier the park, the more it costs) on top of the 20-26$ price of the campsite per night

The state park pass is 75$

Based on the 7$ daily admission into the parks my wife and I usually goto, the park pass pays itself off in 3 two day/weekend trips. As well as waived entrance fees, the park pass also comes with 6 coupons for the 2nd night half off(for the campsite) to save you even more money

There's a little food for thought in case you ever plan on going back to one of texas' great parks ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you are disabled vet, you get a lifetime pass for free entrance/day fees.

You do not have to be a Texas resident, like some states require.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
If over 65 or disabled you can get a parklands pass and entrance fees are half.

If born before 1930, or disabled vet, its free entrance.
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
The cost is based on park usage. The higher usage parks is more than the lower usage parks

Hiker_01
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you have to pay the daily use fee, per person. It will vary per park, as does the camping fee. If you stay one overnight, you pay for one day, three overnights, three days.