cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas trip cancelled!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well. After watching and seeing what is going on in TX we canceled our Galveston and Biloxi MS trip for next week. It was just to risky. And it would be hot and the only thing hat would be open would be the beaches.....hopefully! So instead of worrying and sweating in the heat we cancelled. All this in the last 2 days.

But I was able to make last minute reservations in Colorado at a new RV resort in the Rockies. Just south of Rocky Mtn NP. So that is our new destination. Much cooler. No huge Covid issues. And still plenty of small
Lakes with beaches and hiking/biking trails. So it worked out. And detouring to Sioux Falls on the way home.

Stay safe everyone!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
13 REPLIES 13

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Glad to see everyone is taking this virus thing a little more seriously than they were just a couple of weeks ago
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Sweltering here in the North east, Just can't imagine the heat in Texas. For July, I'd take 70 or 80 degrees anyday.

Enjoy your trip and safe travels

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks!!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello again.
The name of the campground is River Run RV Resort in Granby CO. 20 minutes from the south entrance to RMNP.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is the name of the new RV resort near RMNP? Thanks in advance for the info.

I used to live in Houston (a long time ago) and loved the Texas beaches, but not in the summer. The water is actually hot -- not a bit refreshing. Galveston in October can be really great, though.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
wapiticountry wrote:
If you are a fan of statistics, you will be happy to know that the COVID death rate in Texas is 10 for every 100,000 people and in Colorado it is 30 for every 100,000 people. So you are three times more likely to die of COVID in Colorado than you are in Texas. Don't you just love statistics?!

LOL. That was yesterdays news. Texas has hit all time highs in infections and deaths/day.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks everyone. My wife loves the beach and that was why we were doing Galveston and Biloxi for the beach. Heat doesn’t bother me. But with the added Covid BS we changed plans. Personally ide rather do the Rockies. We were in Colorado a couple years ago. Colorado Springs and that area. So now we are doing the northern part.

And thanks for the stats, but don’t tell my wife! She’ll freak out over that too!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Your second choice would have been my first choice. :). Happy travels and stay safe.

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a fan of statistics, you will be happy to know that the COVID death rate in Texas is 10 for every 100,000 people and in Colorado it is 30 for every 100,000 people. So you are three times more likely to die of COVID in Colorado than you are in Texas. Don't you just love statistics?!

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Safe Travels!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
July in the mountains sounds much better than Texas. And I live here. Heat indexes are running 105 to 110 due to high humidity.

Galveston beaches are still closed I think. Not a lot of other reasons to go there.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
Your Plan B sounds pretty doggone nice. I've been both places and I think I'd rather be in the Rockies.

Good luck.

Galveston Texas: 90* and 74% humidity
Rocky Mountain NP: 70* and 22% humidity

No brainer there (without the added covid19 fiasco of Texas).

Have a great time.

dedmiston
Your Plan B sounds pretty doggone nice. I've been both places and I think I'd rather be in the Rockies.

Good luck.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230