cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The impact of Ian...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
The incredible impact of hurricane Ian won't be known for quite some time but it will indeed be far reaching. Living in Arizona, one of the three primary snowbird destination {Florida and the Rio Grande Valley being the other two} we will be seeing its effects here very soon.

I am guessing that a very large percentage of the RV parks in Florida will have been significantly damaged with many completely out of business at least in the short term and probably off line for much if not most of the 2022/2023 season. With the damage so devastating and widespread getting things repaired will be a nightmare.

Many folks will be needing to find new destinations which will impact RGV and Arizona. I would expect a huge increase in these areas almost immediately as October usually is the start of Snowbird season. Reservations may go from being a convenience to a necessity for many and I doubt prices will go anywhere but up.

Not being snowbirds but active campers year round I anticipate sites being at a premium for the season. So what changes are you Snowbirds making to deal with the impact of Ian? Best of luck to one and all.

:C
15 REPLIES 15

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Ft Myers Punta Gorda-Port Charlotte area is wiped out, lot of RVs around there. Orlando north/south will probably be OK after a recovery period. South and north of there will be OK by next month if not sooner. Gainesville for example is already back to mostly normal.
The panhandle is unaffected.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper