cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thousand Trails allowing public access???

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just read on another and smaller so so RV forum that Thousand Trails is allowing non members to book sites at one of their campgrounds (Pio Poco?) for 75.00 per night for many days by a friend of the member who is unable to book a site. Is this true or not true??? Just curious as I am not a member of any camping clubs but sometimes do use private RV parks as stopovers. Cheers to the good guys
6 REPLIES 6

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Our first stay at a TT was in 2013. We did not get a membership until 2016.

This might have changed when ELS bought TT, or I think before that.

rvonthego.com allows booking at almost all TT cg. Yes, full commercial rates a bit higher than other RV cg in the area in most places.

But, I've stayed at Pio Pico, and $75 is a competitive rate for the San Diego area.

The shock to the commercial customer is when they arrive at the TT and are told go look for a site. "Oh, sorry all our 50Amp and/ or sewer sites are already occupied. You might be able to move to one if someone moves out."

Complaints about commercial customers getting "All the Good Sites" are quite common on Thousand Trails forums and FB.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I just had a weekend at a Thousand Trails CG in Oak Grove, Va. It is open to the public. Members get preference for ressies and, of course, what they pay is based on their membership. We paid $60/night for a pull-thru. No restrictions as to use.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks all. I do see now on one of their campgrounds an option for non members to book a site. Good news.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Sjm9911 wrote:
Ive booked at thousand trails campgrounds before and i am not a member. The campgrounds are not exclusively just for the members. Or at least they are not by me.

Same here but at the time, there were lots of open sites.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Ive booked at thousand trails campgrounds before and i am not a member. The campgrounds are not exclusively just for the members. Or at least they are not by me.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's possible that not all of the sites are TT sites within a larger CG. Have your friend try to book a site w/o going thru TT.
Puma 30RKSS