cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toll road collection

badger6724
Explorer
Explorer
We travelled through Florida down to Key West last year on toll roads and have yet to received a bill. Our plates were in clear site so that shouldn't have be a problem. We are getting ready to go down again and we are a little concerned that we might have a balance owing somewhere. I don't want to get pulled over for something and end up getting in trouble for unpaid tolls. Does anyone have any experience with this?
2016 Artic Fox 28f conventional tow
2011 3500 GMC Ext. Cab long box Diesel
10 REPLIES 10

michigan
Explorer
Explorer
Last April we drove on a toll road in Florida. Stopped to pay toll in the exact change lane. One of the quarters I threw to the basket missed and I couldnโ€™t find it and I didn't have another so I left. About a month latter I received a bill in the mail with a picture of our van showing the license plate. The bill was for $3.50!

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I looked at his previous posts to try and find where Jaffray is and why he did not get a bill. Give it a try for the rest of the story.:Z
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like Fender guitars the best
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

br549
Explorer
Explorer
"Booze in states that do not have a sales tax will be the cheapest... Oregon. Booze in Fla is cheaper than GA for what's it worth and Total Wines has the best prices/biggest selection."

Don't know how this figures into the OP, but for clarification, booze in California which has a significant sales tax is way cheaper than booze in Oregon which does not have a sales tax. I have ample experience buying tequila in both states.
Gerry & Louise
2007 Tiffin Phaeton 36 QSH
2018 Ford Edge Titanium

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Would help if you added BC behind Jaffray. Doubt it will be a problem... have another free trip.
Booze in states that do not have a sales tax will be the cheapest... Oregon. Booze in Fla is cheaper than GA for what's it worth and Total Wines has the best prices/biggest selection.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
We did this once in FL by accident and when we called them they said if we were from out-of-state to not worry about it.

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
You can get a Sunpass for about $20. taking the anxiety out of using the toll road.
Bill and Joey the dog

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
This has always been a concern for us as well. We have been on toll roads in Southern California and wondered what to do. No booth, no number to call, just kinda winging it. Never heard from anyone or seen a bill. Whats up with that.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
As I see it, there's only one way to solve this. Get in contact with the toll authority people.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Some toll authorities do not send out a bill until the total exceeds a certain minimum.