cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Topsail-Hill Preserve

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted share picture of Topsail Hill Preserve in Santa Rosa Beach FL. This was site 75. Had a great time. Park is clean and has beautiful beach

2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion
8 REPLIES 8

lewisr
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s why itโ€™s only $42 a night. We really like Henderson Beach as well. Only 60 sites 2/3rds donโ€™t use the beach much. Basically you and 25 other people, usually way less on the beach
'14 F-150 Super Crew 3.5EB 3.73
'19 Heritage Glen 282RK

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
rr2254545 wrote:
It is shame that Topsail is replacing necessary concrete pads with p gravel sites - this changes the whole park for me

Well, we were on one of the sites that hadn't been done yet (not the one pictured - we moved), and I can tell you it needed to be done. The tree roots were destroying the pads. I expect they will do the same to the PT wood at the sides of the p-gravel sites, but it will be easier to repair.

Yes they needed done but the cheap way they did them lessens the park to me
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
rr2254545 wrote:
It is shame that Topsail is replacing necessary concrete pads with p gravel sites - this changes the whole park for me

Well, we were on one of the sites that hadn't been done yet (not the one pictured - we moved), and I can tell you it needed to be done. The tree roots were destroying the pads. I expect they will do the same to the PT wood at the sides of the p-gravel sites, but it will be easier to repair.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
thedoghouse wrote:
Jayco-noslide wrote:
FYI: Seemed quite pricey as I recall and not near the beach. Am I right? Or wrong park.

Itโ€™s 42.00 a nite. Not bad for location. The beach is part of the park .7 mike away. Itโ€™s a nice walk or bike ride. You can catch the trolley every 30 min and ride down if you prefer that. 3.2 miles beach front

Reasonable compared to Camp Gulf at $150+ a night. They boast beach front but only a few of their sites are actually on the beach.

The park is long and skinny and they're packed in like sardines.

Jerry & Jeanne

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco-noslide wrote:
FYI: Seemed quite pricey as I recall and not near the beach. Am I right? Or wrong park.

Itโ€™s 42.00 a nite. Not bad for location. The beach is part of the park .7 mike away. Itโ€™s a nice walk or bike ride. You can catch the trolley every 30 min and ride down if you prefer that. 3.2 miles beach front
2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco-noslide

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of our favorite stops on the winter retirement trip. Enjoyed exploring Rt 30A and the Donut Hole.

When we get back from an adventure, we always pick "the best part". The panhandle did it for both of us.

Jerry & Jeanne