cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toronto to Arizona

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Guys we are planning on leaving for Lake Alamo SP Arizona on Sunday the 1st from Toronto Ontario. I am planning on using the route that mapquest comes up with which looks pretty straight forward, would any one suggest either an alternate or or an adjustment to it? Also where is the soonest that I can de-winterize . Thanks
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0
15 REPLIES 15

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you stayed ahead of the storm. Best wishes for a safe and enjoyable trip.

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so we left this morning at 1:30am so that we could keep ahead of most of the storm .Stopped a few times for a quick nap and are now at a rest stop on I65 not far from salt river . Going to hit the hay early and get going again at about 5:30 -6:30 am .We did miss most of the storm but did hit a few dodgy patches. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and help.
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
If you are still planning to leave on the first, be aware of the winter storm warnings from Illinois to New England. It will hit the midwest first on Sunday, Ohio and PA Sunday night, and New York and New England on Monday. Snow expectations are at least 3 inches to a foot or more depending on the path of the storm. Be safe.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
We had to drop all the way to I10 last year to avoid terrible weather in AR, TX and OK

D_E_Johnson
Explorer
Explorer
sent you a PM with our route. Weather is supposed to be in the middle 70's for all of next week. We did have some rain on friday, Have a safe trip. Dona
Dona and Elvin

2010 Dodge Laramie 3500 4x4 Mega cab-in Pearl black/tan
2007 Open Road 359RL3S
2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
shepstone wrote:
Thanks guys, generally everyone seems to want to stay away from I40 due to weather. I would have liked to have gone to Pensacola - Houston then across but that would add another 8 - 10 hrs. and due to time constraints we only have 2 & 1/2 to 3wks

WHAT!!!!

That's how long it takes us to go down and come back.
We like to go easy and enjoy the trip.

Gemstone
Explorer
Explorer
Wow...almost 5K miles RT in maybe 20 days...are you gonna have any time to enjoy the State Park area ?

Good Luck
Gemstone
'06 Elite Suites TK3, '95 KW T-600, '08 Softail Classic , '06 Softail Deuce

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, generally everyone seems to want to stay away from I40 due to weather. I would have liked to have gone to Pensacola - Houston then across but that would add another 8 - 10 hrs. and due to time constraints we only have 2 & 1/2 to 3wks

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
Having done that trip a few times, my advice is to head south to the I20. Nashville, Memphis, Dallas. Or even to Birmingham before heading west.

That's the route we take, we try to go south to get out of the cold weather then we go west through Texas to NM and then Arizona.

We generally de-winterize in Bowling Green Kentucky but that may be a bit early for you depending on the weather and if daytime temps are above freezing there.I look at the local weather forecast and if daytime temps are at or above freezing with overnights just a bit below freezing then I flush the A/F out and start using the water system with the fresh water tank used overnight to avoid freezing the water hose.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
At Lordsburg, NM take 70 to Globe, Az (60).

Phoenix area. Take 60 to 202 N loop to 101 N loop to I-17 to 74 West to 93
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
We are expecting bad weather in the Western PA, Ohio areas Sunday late afternoon into Monday with several inches of snow expected. Check your trip weather carefully before heading out. Best wishes for a safe and fun trip.

ronfisherman
Having made this trip several times. I would head south on I-75 to Cincinnati, OH. Then I-71 toward Louisville, KY. I-65 to Nashville, TN. The I-65 to Birmingham, AL. Then head West on I-20 to I-10.
I have a APP on my I phone called Trip Weather. Put your trip into it with you leaving Sunday. Most of the trip especially in OHIO is RED. Meaning bad weather conditions for driving. When leaving the Detroit area I always monitor weather to determine when to travel what route to take.
You should be able to dewinterize by the time you get to Nashville.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Having done that trip a few times, my advice is to head south to the I20. Nashville, Memphis, Dallas. Or even to Birmingham before heading west.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
This might not be the best weekend to travel. really keep an eye on the weather.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog