cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Torreya state park in Florida

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
We have been thinking about going to this park and was wondering if anybody has stayed here in the last couple years. If so how is the campground it self as in electrical hookups and water hookups. Also the sites are they private, semi private or wide open.thanks for any input
14 REPLIES 14

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
@2012 Coleman my bad I read it wrong to start with,it's all good. Your right I wish I had the time to travel like he does. We try to make about 6 trips a year some short trips and some long ones. Maybe when I'm able to retire in awhile I'm only 46 we willbe able to.
Happy travels

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, guys, for your kind comments. Trust me, I was not offended in any way by any comments made. And it's great to hear your comments about Toad Hall - thanks!

WxToad
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pine Barren wrote:
No I didn't call him a tool I meant that his site is a great place(tool) to find out info on campgrounds, as is campsite photos and rv park reviews. This site is also a very good place to get info from fellow campers about different places.
I know! Just ribbing you. I spent some time on his site yesterday looking at his opinions of Florida State Parks I have been to as well. He seems to share my opinions, so I bookmarked it for future reference. I just wish I had the time to go on as many trips.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
No I didn't call him a tool I meant that his site is a great place(tool) to find out info on campgrounds, as is campsite photos and rv park reviews. This site is also a very good place to get info from fellow campers about different places.

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
Hang on a second - did you just call wxtoad a tool? ๐Ÿ˜›

Well, I took no offense - I've probably been called worse things than that in my lifetime! ๐Ÿ™‚

WxToad
NE13

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hang on a second - did you just call wxtoad a tool? ๐Ÿ˜›
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I have used Wxtoad site several times on finding out about places and campsite photos and rv park reviews. They are all great tools. I sometimes after checking all of those like to hear from people on here about what they think about it. How can I read your blog on this park. Bad thing is I'm 3 hours from this park and have never visited it just may end up there in March

bobcouch
Explorer
Explorer
Here's an excerpt from my blog post about last spring's trip:
Torreya SP is named for the Florida Torreya, which is also known as the Stinking Yew. It is a small park with large mosquitoes, but ok for an overnight stop.
We only stayed the one night. I do remember the park host being exceptionally friendly and helpful. It may or may not be a bad sign, but this was the only stop on a six week trip where I did not take any photos.
Bob and Honey Couch
2008 Keystone Everest
2007 Dodge MegaCab w/ 5.9 Cummins
http://boggythicket.blogspot.com/

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there three years ago and enjoyed it. Some nice hiking trails and an historic home to visit. Here is our report, with pix, on our visit.

Have a great trip!

WxToad
NE13

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
One of our favorite parks. very quiet and sites are mostly semi private. Two shower houses. Nice hikes. Also some bike rides. It's kinda out of the way so tends not to be crowded.
Another nice one near by is Three Rivers but you will need reservations at this time of year.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks nice to me - although a little rustic. I'd go in the summer though.

Campsitephotos.com

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies I have ready been to rv park reviews. Nothing in there from 2015 the reviews there are pretty good I was hoping someone could tell me more about it that has stayed there pretty recently

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed there but it was quite a time ago, I don't know if the campground improvements have got to Torreya yet. The best time to stay there is when the fireflies come out in the spring. You can supposedly see synchronized light displays across the river. However this is a short lived event since the dragonflies hatch out a week or two later and eat most of the fireflies. I don't know if the timing is predictable either you'd have to check with the rangers there.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
This link may help:

RV Park Reviews - Torreya State Park, Bristol, FL
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A