cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tybee Island and screen room

Bamabound
Explorer
Explorer
We're headed to Tybee Island in a week or two....do we need to take the screen room for bugs this early??

Thanks.....
8 REPLIES 8

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Test
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
or better yet...go to UTAH
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
We just left Skidaway Island State Park yesterday. Skidaway is only 25 min from Tybee. The biting gnats were out in force and very hungry. They even bit me on top of my head. Take your screen room and a giant can of Deep Woods Off!
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

bobjogone
Explorer
Explorer
We're in Charleston, SC volunteering at Buck Hall Recreation Area on the intercoastal waterway in the Francis Marion National Forest. Temperature 50 or less - no bugs. Temp in 60-70's last week - the gnats are waiting at the screen door.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Once the temperature gets above 50 degrees, the sand gnats are out. In high traffic areas like a campground, they might be out all year round. We were at Skidaway Island last week and the bugs weren't too bad because it was breezy the days we were there. The morning we left it wasn't and the bugs were out.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
YES Take the bug room!!! All S.E.coastal RV parks are on the tidal marsh flats that are just giant, smelly bug factories.
Joe & Charlotte

Gabby & Molly are Dogs

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I was at he federal law enforcement training center in Brunswick Georgia years ago in January I believe and the no see ums or sand gnats were bad then.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call the campground and ask if the bugs are booming. When the bugs appear differs from year to year.
They won't think of it as a stupid question; promise. You're checking local conditions.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus