cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

UPS Deliveries

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
How does your park handle UPS deliveries? Ours used to come directly to our site but the park has decided to have them all delivered to the office instead. This can result in a day or two delay if the delivery is made after office hours or a weekend is involved for instance. I don't know why they wanted to get involved in the parcel business.
36 REPLIES 36

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
They did it right today. Packages arrived about noon and a park employee distributed them to the tenants right after lunch. A "Christmas treat" according to the employee.

There are Still good deeds being done for Christmas.

Merry Christmas, and a S A F E New Year... Everyone.

Winter Texan for second year ๐Ÿ™‚

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
They did it right today. Packages arrived about noon and a park employee distributed them to the tenants right after lunch. A "Christmas treat" according to the employee.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Merry Christmas Tom and to all.

Safe travels to those that are.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Does it really matter why I asked how most parks handle parcel deliveries? The forums are full of unsolicited opinions and answers. No big deal, until someone tells me to "take a chill pill". Sounds like you only want your opinion to be heard. Thanks to all and Merry Christmas.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
How does your park handle UPS deliveries? Ours used to come directly to our site but the park has decided to have them all delivered to the office instead. This can result in a day or two delay if the delivery is made after office hours or a weekend is involved for instance. I don't know why they wanted to get involved in the parcel business.

Here is your original and yes you did not ask for opinions...however with most replies you will get the posters response on what they like/dislike...those are their 'opinions' and you stated yours.

Sorry if I tripped your trigger. Perhaps your last post info could have been included in your original post to understand you were really trying to help someone out...but the answers would probably be the same.
Our Trip Journal

MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Us out West wrote:

Think you are losing sleep over this...take a chill pill!!

You asked for opinions on what others think/do but obviously you don't like/appreciate them so just...carry on!!

I did not ask for other's opinions. Where did you get that? My goodness. All that I asked was if it was common practice for RV parks to handle parcel deliveries instead of letting the deliveries come straight to the sites. I may learn to like it, but that is not my question.

The fact is that I have a lady friend that has trouble hauling things from the office to her site. She gets something almost daily from Amazon and wanted me to find out how common it was. Not who liked it or did not like it.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
I totally get the "My way or the highway" attitude of park management. I was simply curious as to if the park getting involved in parcel deliveries was common practice. Not losing any sleep over it. It does tell me that the park employees must not have too much work to do since they chose to take on the task.

My goodness!!!

Think you are losing sleep over this...take a chill pill!!

You asked for opinions on what others think/do but obviously you don't like/appreciate them so just...carry on!!
Our Trip Journal

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I totally get the "My way or the highway" attitude of park management. I was simply curious as to if the park getting involved in parcel deliveries was common practice. Not losing any sleep over it. It does tell me that the park employees must not have too much work to do since they chose to take on the task.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
All good points, but if they don't accept them then the bottom line is it's their business not yours. You have the right to chose another park if they don't accept your argument, or chose to accept their park policy.

When I left General Motors an old timer there told me that leaving GM was like taking your finger out of a bucket of water. Took me many years to figure out what he was saying.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Us out West wrote:
We have no problem picking up UPS/FedEX/USPS pkgs in the Park office...in fact we prefer that. ,,,snip......

What happens when deliveries arrive when the office is closed?
A: Delivery is delayed at least one day.

What happens if a large heavy package arrives and you rode your bike to pick up your mail?
A: A second trip is required using a vehicle.

What happens if you arrive home after the office is closed for the day?
A: You wait at least another day for your package. Two if it arrives on Friday afternoon.

What happens if the office slips up on the address?
A: It will lay there until the mistake is discovered. I pay the professionals at UPS to get the address correctly.

What happens if the office accidentally gives my package to someone else?
A: Extra hands handling mail and packages increases the chance for error.

What happens if someone in the office damages my parcel?
A: They would say they were sorry but it arrived that way.

All in all, I think that fewer people handling my packages is best. I pay Amazon for two day delivery, not three or four depending on the disposition of the people in the park office. I have been lucky and enjoy finding my parcels four feet from my door for all these years without any loss from thieves or weather.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We have no problem picking up UPS/FedEX/USPS pkgs in the Park office...in fact we prefer that.

The ability of being able to Track your online orders lets you not only know when delivery is expected but also when it actually does get delivered.

Our postal mail (letters and the like) is delivered to our mailbox located right next to the office so we go up there anyway.

Works just fine for us.
Our Trip Journal

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Always 2 man trucks here in rural Michigan from about a week before turkey day through a week after New year's.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
yesterday.. in south Texas.

UPS man knocked on the trailer door.. with a small package..

Oh, it was a 2 man truck... one driver and one walker ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't see that in Ohio.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
If you still have the same manager you did 8 years ago it doesn't surprise me a bit. She was quite a dictator. We moved.
pawatt