cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where's everyone going this year?

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We're in Michigan with a ton of snow and camping season won't start for a few months, but the planning stage is well underway.

This year we have plans to visit:
Michigan: Camp Dearborn- our first visit
Michigan: Port Huron KOA- our first visit, they have go carts
Indiana: Fremont Yogi Bear- repeat. My daughter's favorite campground
Michigan: Silver lake sand dunes, Yogi Bear- our 18th annual trip
Michigan: Waterloo state park, our first visit

And the mother of all trips for us, a 2 week trip to
DC: Cherry Hill
Virginia, Norfolk/Jamestown: Maybe Virginia Beach KOA.
Maryland: Assateague Island, SP. I have a 5 night reservation with electricity. Hooray!
NJ/NYC: Liberty Harbor to visit NYC.

Where's everyone else going?
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog
68 REPLIES 68

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
West,
Oh
Il
Sd
Nd
Wy
Mt
I'd
Wa
Or
Ca
Az
Ut
Co
Back to Il, then back to Va
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT is permanently parked in the North Georgia mountains now, but that's not the end of our trips. We just bought a little tent so that we can take some weekend trips. Georgia has some really beautiful state parks and COEs that we plan to hit as soon as the weather warms up some. We'll be headed to DC and Northern VA in July for a family reunion and a non-camping vacation getaway. And we're hosting a small RV rally up where our TT is, in September!
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
We always go to Mohican SP here in Ohio for Memorial Day weekend. Probably will go to Ashtabula County in the summer. We enjoy taking about 3 weeks in the fall for our big trip...this year down towards Falls Creek Falls SP in Tenn., then up to Natural Tunnel SP & Douthat SP in Virginia- fall camping is amazing, we never did it with all the kids in school.

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
We have three trips already planned for this year

First trip- 1 week in Florida/ Georgia
Manatee Springs State Park
Fort Desoto County Park
Okeefenokee Swamp

Second Trip- 2 week New England
Nickerson State Park (Cape Cod)
Old Orchard Beach
Acadia National Park
White Mountains

Third trip- Christmas 10 days
Sebastian Inlet State Park
Long Key State Park

Plus a weekender to Gatlinburg for some leaf peeping in October sometime. I never plan that one until September so I can get as close to peak color as possible

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
DH has triple bypass surgery on Jan 13th so we're staying put in Florida for a few months while he recuperates. If all goes well, we will go to:
Sevierville TN in September for Marine Corps reunion with Vietnam vets.
Then late September, head northeast through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and into Canada before heading back to Florida.

Here's to a speedy recovery. Thank him for me for his service in the MC.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
After the third trip to Alaska last year this year we are staying east of the Mississippi. Mid April to late July takes us from the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay in a 5000 mile loop to the Smokies, to Oshkosh, MN, Makinac Island, Howell, MI. for a balloon festival, W upstate NY for a bluegrass festival & retn Eastern Shore via Dover DE.

Nice lazy one averaging 50 miles per day. Lots of 3 & 4 day stops.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
michigansandzilla wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
Geez some of you people are micro-planners...heh

Yep, the reality for us is two working adults with three school aged kids and a max of 2 weeks of vacation time. You have to micro-plan to get anywhere while the kids are growing. With so little vacation time, you have to camp on weekends when everyone else is camping. You have to plan 6 months out to get a site. That's just how it is.

I have 2016 plans too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well before I retired we usually had 21 days +/- and I did more planning but not in that detail...heh. We usually picked several areas that we are interested in and use one CG for a base camp for 4 or 5 days. Escalante and Torrey UT for example, those CG I'd plan for and make reservations. Otherwise we prefer to free form explore.

Now I'm retired and my wife works for the school system so we have from the end of May to mid August to travel.

Working for a school system and RVing is a match made in heaven! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I have almost all my booking done what I have so far is March Cherry Hill park DC, April Liberty Harbor NY, May GrandView CampResort & Cottages CT, June Salisbury Beach State Reservation MA, July Knobels PA, Aug Winhall Brook COE VT, Sept Atlantic Oaks Campground Cape Cod, Oct ?

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
DH has triple bypass surgery on Jan 13th so we're staying put in Florida for a few months while he recuperates. If all goes well, we will go to:
Sevierville TN in September for Marine Corps reunion with Vietnam vets.
Then late September, head northeast through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and into Canada before heading back to Florida.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
Three main trips:

Central Oregon coast in April/May
Northwest Washington state in July/Aug
Utah/Arizona in Oct/Nov

Along with some local camping in between.

Safe travels!
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used to be like this

I travel all over the US, have done it for years. One week trips in Mi to six month trips anywhere. I use Microsoft Excel for my trip plans, hyperlink RV websites to the page , have all RV park info exact and concise.
When we leave I know how many miles, travel hours, camp costs and have goggled and talked to the parks.
The best trips are ones you control and the surprises are only those you choose.

But now I'm like this

House is going on the market next week. Plan on stopping in Kingman to kiss the parents goodbye, heading to Sparks, Nv, then the Oregon Coast. After that, wherever we feel like going

I think we're doing the Finger Lakes again this year. Our shakedown trip in April is local - Normandy Farms. Visit my sister in State College PA. I'd like to do PEI, but I don't know if we'll have time for it this year. The flying business is going to get busy. We just bought a new biplane for the tourist stuff.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

shakyjay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Won't know until I get there ๐Ÿ™‚
2007 Rockwood 8315SS
2004 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax Diesel
1999 Dodge 1500 5.9L Gas

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We'll spend most of the summer season in the Adirondacks of upstate NY. Head to NH for the September NASCAR race for 5 days. Might go up to Mont Tremblant Provincial Parc for a week in the fall; nothing firmed up yet.

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Jetty Park, Cape Canaveral, FL/Spring Training
Assateague State Park, MD (June & September)
Fall Foliage - TBD (most likely W. Va. State Park)

Hope to do quite a bit more, but plans are not finished.
2013 RT 190-Popular

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
House is going on the market next week. Plan on stopping in Kingman to kiss the parents goodbye, heading to Sparks, Nv, then the Oregon Coast. After that, wherever we feel like going :C
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us