cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to Go in SW Ohio

four22
Explorer
Explorer
New camping family here. We're wanting to book something for Memorial Day Weekend.... I know we're late in the game for booking but we just picked up our trailer Saturday...

Any suggestions of where to go?? We'd like to stay within 100 miles of home (which is just north of Cincinnati)

Any suggestions??

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just a suggestion, when you get to Ohio, ask people where Amish country is. There are many Amish B&B's up there with hookups. ๐Ÿ™‚ You don't need the first B, but the other B is tasty. ๐Ÿ™‚
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Hockeytchr
Explorer
Explorer
Ill' add.... Mineral Springs Lake Resort, Peebles Ohio. 100 acre lake, beach, planned activities on Holiday Weekends, atv trails.
2015 Keystone Hideout 38fqds
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29mv
2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost Supercrew
2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost Supercab
2005 Club Car
2009 Polaris Ranger Crew
2015 Polaris RZR 900S
1995 17' Gilgetter Pontoon

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
What do you prefer more, private parks with activities or state parks?
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

atomlinson
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Long's Retreat in Latham (Pike County). Our permanent campsite is here. Large campground with a beach, go carts, game room, miniature golf, and lots more. They don't take reservations, so it's first come, first served, which may be a good thing for you, especially if you could get there the Wednesday or Thursday before the weekend and set up camp. www.longsretreat.com
Andy
2012 Keystone Outback 280RS
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD 6.0

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
KY State parks are really nice, but like you said, maybe a tad late getting on this. Memorial Day is kind of like baseball's Opening Day.

Check out Carter Caves SP, Grayson Lake SP, or Yatesville Lake SP. If you're into Bourbon country, check out Elk Horn CG near Frankfort (private CG, very nice with a pool).

East Fork SP is close to you, and is one of Ohio's largest with well over 300 sites.

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington makes for a nice weekend. We were there last Memorial Day. Plenty of events going on. Hocking Hills is a favorite or you could stretch your range a bit and hit Mammoth Cave NP. Only an hour south of Louisville.

METZCOOL
Explorer
Explorer
If you can find any sites at the multiple campgrounds around there I would go to:

Hocking Hills or Mohican

Google it and you will see they are very popular areas.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
When we lived near Wilmington, OH (many moons ago), we visited Cowan Lake State Park, which was very close to where we lived. It's really nice State Park. It just North and East of Cincy, easy drive.

click here