cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

White Mountain NH Foliage-Meh

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Spent the weekend in North Conway in the White Mountains. For those of you who wanted to travel up here but didn't/couldn't due to COVID you have not missed much. There is always variation in progress of colors but this year it is much more inconsistent than other years. There's still more green than I would have expected, much of what has turned is already past peak and the rest of the colors with a few exceptions are dusty or muted. We had some very nice color down here in Merrimack when we left, which is early, and I'm not sure how other parts of the state are fairing. The drought has had a fairly large impact on the colors this year. The up side-there's always next year!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
3 REPLIES 3

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
All foliage this year is muted, yellows,browns. Direct result of drought conditions this year.
Not a personal affront by Ma Nature

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
New Hampshire...beautiful.

NH is indeed a beautiful state-this year's foliage, however, is disappointing, at least what I saw up north. Holding out hope that the southern part of the state is better.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
New Hampshire...beautiful.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad