cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wilderness State Park

GypsySeniors
Explorer
Explorer
I am camping at Wilderness Park near Mackinac 1 week in July..we will be driving a class C RV and bringing bikes...Are there any small stores or places to buy wood near the campground since we will be on foot or bike...really don't want to unhook the Rv to have to drive it elsewhere..We are new RVers....Thank you to anyone who can help with this.
7 REPLIES 7

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Wilderness last July 4th. LOVED IT!! It was great to be away from the city for a bit. Everyone raved about the donuts at the store down the street, but I thought they were gross.
View from out campsite.

There are biking trails there and a nice little pond where we found lots of frogs and a water snake.

If you like historical stuff, it might be worth it to drive into the city to visit Fort Michilimackinac. I found this to be better than Fort Mackinaw on the island b/c it was not terribly crowded.
Have a great time.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

GypsySeniors
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you who responded to my inquiry!

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
There is a little store just outside the park that sells wood. You can't miss it. Just buy enough when you drive by to last the week. That's what we do, It's cheaper that way. I heard they even deliver for a fee.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Gypsy Seniors, you may wish to post questions about specific campgrounds under the topic of RV Parks & Campgrounds - you might get more responses.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

rav
Explorer
Explorer
there's the wilderness general store west of the park, can't remember if they sold firewood but they do make fresh donuts. there is also a store as you come in- I can't find the name of it. I would also call the park and see if the camp hosts sell wood and if they know of a place.
its a nice state park -we walked out to the point, it was a great hike!

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
The state park is several miles from Mackinaw City, and there isn't much between the two. No stores at all, that I can recall anyway. Maybe someone remembers if anyone sells firewood along the road near the CG?
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point