cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

With Grand Daughter in California

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
Will be rving with our 12 years old grand daughter in summer 2015 visiting California.
Need advise:
A.Where to camp close to Disney+Universal Studios (maybe a shuttle service from the C.G)
B.How to get reduced tickets to these 2 places?
Thanks
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website
3 REPLIES 3

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
While no one has mentioned Universal yet that is because there isn't anything! Very non rv area. I believe the nearest place last was a trailer park in the San Fernando Valley around Van Nuys I believe.

One that is not near but not bad outside commute hours is Dockweiler Beach near LAX sites on the beach and you get to watch the ships come and go from Long Beach and San Pedro Harbor. Quick run from there to Santa Monica and Malibu.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Orangeland is the nicest one around, easy access to Disney. Just a few minutes to the park. Anaheim Resort is a little ways away and has a shuttle. The shuttle is not great. Drive if you can. The other remaining is across from Disney and is Anaheim Harbor. It is a tight parking lot with little room. You could walk to the park but drive or take the shuttle.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

rvgrammady
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at Anaheim Resort RV Park probably 10 times with my g-kids.

http://www.anaheimresortrvpark.com/

This is rv park reviews site
http://rvparkreviews.com/regions/California/Anaheim.html

It has a nice pool and from the pool you can watch the fireworks.
Yep it is sort of a parking lot, but... it has a shuttle stop cost use to be free then they charge minimal... small rec room, but kids enjoyed it, not much room to put out a lot of chairs but we did BBQ a couple nites. Lots of nearby 1 mi. fast food, Dennys etc.

Friends just got back couple weeks ago, they enjoyed it. Enterprise rent a car will pick u up and drop you off if you need a car. did this years ago.

It's a drive think about 40 min to Universal.. wait until after 9 to leave... LA traffic, also not too far from the beach.

As far as RV places to stay, think this has best location for Disney, and it is clean.

Dy
Northern Calif.
1997 Allegro Bay 35' Chevy
1998 Saturn SW2 Wagon, Automatic
Blue Ox Aventa II, Patriot Brake

"We'll be friends until I'm old and senile, then we'll be new friends."