cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yellowstone Update

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Got into Yellowstone Yesterday and so far things are great.

Staying at Fishing Bridge. Sites are tight but in good condition and well maintained. Got a reservation for 6 days about a month ago but there are lots of empty sites when we did a drive around.

So far we've gone up the Hayden Valley and done Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. This morning we did Old Faithful, Upper Basin and West Thumb Basin.

There are other people here but not bad at all. Old Faithful parking lot was maybe 25% full around 10am. We walked up and got a first row bench 5 min before she went off.

There is construction in a few places but nothing that is creating big delays. Mostly short sections of gravel where they are doing pavement repairs.

Next two days, we will be focusing on the north loop and we have a pass to drive into the Lamar Valley (reserved it just now and they had them available for tomorrow or the next day...also a ranger suggested, they aren't enforcing it strictly, so if no one is checking, you might just drive in without the reservation).

I'm guessing some of this is kids going back to school in the next week, so most summer vacations are over. I would say most people we see are older couples or people from overseas.

So far very pleased we decided to come regardless of the flooding.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV
21 REPLIES 21

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
Nice info on Yellowstone. Rving for 20+ years never had an interest to visit so call bucket list including Yellowstone, but may one day visit. National Geographics on TV is fine. These places are so crowded so we RV and visit other great places in our great country that don't make it on the bucket list. Rving boondock is our preference over crowded campgrounds.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update. Can you post some pictures of the campground updates they did! We were there in 17 and it was around $60 or $65 a night. Well worth it for its location in Yellowstone. It was less than an hours drive to any corner of the park!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the great update. I plan on going back in either 23 or 24. We frequently stay along the Beartooth but I guess we will have to wait until those roads get repaired to come in from the northeast.
Concerning Fishing Bridge, if you want full hook ups, you gotta get the old credit card dusted off. I don't think the price is bad considering it is one of the most beautiful places on earth.
I personally stay in the other campgrounds within the park and deal with not having hookups.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Am I reading the web page right, is it $84/night to camp in Fishing Bridge?

It was $54 8 years ago when we stayed there last - its all about location and FB is the only campground inside the park with full hookups
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome news. We are heading there in September but staying in a hotel outside the park.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Am I reading the web page right, is it $84/night to camp in Fishing Bridge?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you the report. Complete, factual etc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad