cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YNP visitors may get lucky

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some inactive geysers have suddenly become active.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
8 REPLIES 8

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
gbopp wrote:
Or, could it mean the Yellowstone Supervolcano is getting ready to erupt? :E
I hope not, till I get there, if/when it goes, I want to be standing at Fishing Bridge, not waiting to choke to death on ash 3 months later.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yellowstone is probably one of the most intensively monitored volcanoes in the US and if there was any signs of an impending eruption we would have heard about it. Magma movements alert volcanologists to trouble ahead and I haven't heard of anything like that from Yellowstone
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wonder if all of the changes have anything to do with the fact that the north pole is on the march? The magnetic north pole is moving at over 30 miles per year toward Siberia.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know why I was thinking Yosemite National Park from your heading.

JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had sufficient warning regarding Mt. St. Helens.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
gbopp wrote:

That would be more like what I'm thinking. Other areas around the world are getting unusual geological and weather activities. We never know what Mother Nature might do ...

I'm certainly NOT a 'Global Warming' crier, and I believe the earth goes through natural heating, cooling, temperate cycles and we humans have much less effect than some believe or even advocate.

However, at this stage of our knowledge, we don't know enough to predict or control any change in earth cycles with any degree of accuracy. Just watch the weatherman/woman 'guess' at what's likely for the next day - yes, it can guess with some degree of flexibility ... but we get a RAIN forecast, but the next day is bright sunlight all day. And that's just the simplist day to day weather events. We can nearly do that ourselves - just step outside and decide if you need a jacket or shorts in the morning...

We need to think in terms of thousands and tens-of-thousands of years, not a few weeks or months or even years.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or unlucky!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!