cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yosemit Ca. campgrounds

LA-REDNECK
Explorer
Explorer
Planning a trip to Yosemite Late April or May. Looking to stay Outside National Park. 36 ft motorhome. Suggestions Please.
LA-REDNECK

2013 Tiffin Allegro Open Road
2017 Acadia
7 REPLIES 7

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
the excapee's park in coarsegold is excellent

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer
Indian Flats in El Portal on 140. You won't get closer to the park entrance in any other RV Park outside of Yosemite. It's pretty basic but also cheap, usually available, quiet, and you get to use the facilities at the hotel next door. They have a nice indoor pool and hot tub as well as a restaurant.

PopBeavers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Regarding the east entrance and road opening dates...

Historically, the earliest open date for Tioga Pass is May 2. The latest is July 13. Therefore, with your dates I would avoid the east side (Lee Vining).

I have stayed at Yosemite Pines RV Resort & Family Lodging. I was happy. This is near Groveland, the northwest entrance.
Wayne in Coarsegold near Yosemite
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2015 Ford F350 diesel 6.7L 4x4 crew cab short bed
Super Glide hitch

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try to avoid spring breakers. The last time I went to Yosemite in April I could not find a place to park.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the KOA in Mariposa. We used the YARTS bus to go into the NP and avoided waiting in long lines if the traffic was bad. Nice campground and great pizza!

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
We were a few miles outside the entrance at Yosemite Lakes with our Thousand Trails membership. Nice park, a little close together, some shade, absolutely NO cell service for any carrier, Roads getting there are "fun" if your definition of fun is harrowing mountain hairpins (you'd be fine, but it's an experience). All in all it was a decent place to relax and be able to see Yosemite.

About the park
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

Mike_Taverniti
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Mono Vista RV Park in Lee Vining, CA. Was OK and close to East entrance to Yosemite. Mostly Water and Electric with a few Full Hookups. Call and reserve early if you go there, they don't take credit cards so you have to reserve with a check. Also check access to Yosemite, roads may still be closed at the times you are talking about.