cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yuma preference?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Over 55. No pets. We like to dance, swim & hubby golfs. We don't want trains or planes & like grocery convenience. Which would you choose & why? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
The Palms is where we stay when we in the area. Great place.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another Yuma RV park discussion.

Yuma Clicky.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

hermy
Explorer
Explorer
We often stay at Las Quintas RV park on frontage rd- although usually for short stays. It's clean and friendly, seem to have a lot going on all the time. It does seem to have a weird hook up arrangement but that is a minor deal. As far as noise- there is some. Can't avoid the military jets (God bless them) and you can occasionally hear the train. We will stay there again.

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
That is an easy question to answer. Cocopah RV and Golf Resort. PM me for further information.
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I meant that WE don't have any pets with us, not that the park wouldn't allow them. I guess I wasn't clear.

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow, no pets? You're going to have a difficult time finding a park in Yuma that doesn't allow pets. But, there are a lot, and I mean a LOT, of RV parks in Yuma, so you may get lucky.

The reason for allowing pets is many RV owners have pets.

As for aircraft noise, you realize the Marines have a base there and they fly very noisy jets?

As for trains, the first "transcendental railroad" went right thru town and the trains still use those tracks.

Your best bet might be to the south of Yuma at one of the older parks since they are further from the airport (Marine base) and the railroad. I can't offer any names since I just don't remember them. The parks out in east of town, called Foothills, are closer to both the airport and the railroad tracks, although the tracks at this point are north about 1/4 of a mile or more.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

debraindi
Explorer
Explorer
After the Quartz site rally . We head west on 60 to Yuma. Its boon docking camping on BLM right behind the VFW dancing every day we find it a friendly comfortable place except for the crop duster planes that fly over every night for a hour.
2013 LML Duramax
2015 311 Keystone Impact
200q 24 partycraft 150 mercury
Time out motor cycle trailer
2009 Harley RG 575 cams thunder-max tuned
1970 350 JD crawler loader