Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Zion visitor during the shutdown report

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Zion

No disaster found at the park but it is away from major population centers and this is probably the least visited season in the park.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
11 REPLIES 11

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
As to the supposed trash problem, what ever happened to the policies of self responsibility? You pack it in, you pack it out. You ALWAYS leave your camp site cleaner than you found it! If you are too irresponsible to clean up after yourself, perhaps you should find something else to do.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
bobsallyh wrote:
Zion NP
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/01/utah-house-republicans-request-emergency-action-to-open-national-parks/

Sounds reasonable to me.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Zion NP
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/01/utah-house-republicans-request-emergency-action-to-open-national-parks/

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
With only 4.5 Million visitors must really be out of the Way ๐Ÿ™‚

BUT - it is a Little Slower in the Winter :S
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
I'll bet you can figure that out for yourself. Given the demographics of we RVers, you may even find it appealing!

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Parks that belong to "We The People" should never be shut down. In fact we shouldn't have to pay to visit what is already ours.

Maintenance costs, facilities cost but you know that.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Parks that belong to "We The People" should never be shut down. In fact we shouldn't have to pay to visit what is already ours.

I agree. Also we should have to maintain them, keep the grass cut, or let it grow over, take all the trash out, paint the buildings, clean the toilets, and we would need no Rangers or Workers. :S

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would be in danger during the shutdown whilest having a different, more intimate experience? Remember, itโ€™s all about ME, Dr. Siegel!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I have to laugh at the big headlines that 3 people have died in National Parks since the shutdown.(One death is too many and unfortunate) but it reads like they are blaming the shutdown and lack of rangers for their deaths. Further in the article a ranger states that on average 6 people die in National Parks per week. Seems like the shutdown is "saving" lives if there has only been three in three weeks of shutdown. I don't know, I'm old and don't use the new math.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œAnd this was the point; not that our national parks are better off during a period of austerity and government shutdown, but that experiencing them is different, more intimate.โ€œ

So for me (and itโ€™s all about me) to have a different, more intimate experience in this National Park, I shouldnโ€™t want a federal budget passed by Congress and signed by the President?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad