cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of topic suggestions

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad

The more I use this forum, the more I am starting to like it.  However, there are a couple of topics that I miss, or perhaps they are here in another form.  In any case, I'd like to suggest a couple I've found useful over the years that are missing.

The first is the Roadfs and Routes topic.  That was where people would post info related to road construction, closures, etc. as well as a place for people to ask about the viability of a specific road for their rig.

The second is the "Technology Corner" topic where people could post about various technologies; not about specific RV problems.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle
8 REPLIES 8

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

If you go to the "Campground 101" forum, you will find under labels on the right: "Roads and Routes".

Click on that and select "Subscribe". 😁

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

I can find that under the "Bucket list Trips" section.  I never noticed that before you posted this.  Thanks!  I also notice the campground 101 group seems to replace the old campgrounds topic.  

Thanks again.

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II

What happened to "Around the Campfire"?

Looking at your old posts, it looks like your posts / replies are now under: "Camping with Kids".

dedmiston

I totally agree about Roads & Routes.

I've got mixed feelings about Tech Issues and Technology Corner. I'll never understand why those two groups (especially Tech Issues) bring out so much chest-thumping. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE nerd and love to geek out over this stuff, but I'll never understand all the vitriol that comes out in those topics. I don't know why can't just respond to the questions and be cool with each other. "Can't we all just get along?"

But I agree with you that those groups serve a real purpose.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Referring to the "Chest Thumping" part of your reply.

I think a good example is someone who has a vehicle underrated for towing their trailer will post asking if this is okay. They are just waiting for someone to say it is okay. No problem!

They are not interested in hearing the accurate reply. I would just give them my reply, and not argue (reply) if someone replied to my reply. That's a "no win" situation and a waste of my time.

As additional advice and/or confirmation I ask the very same question many years ago on RV.Net and received good answers.  My vehicle was not underrated but I wanted to check my calculations with experienced hands before towing x country and in the high mountains.  All is good.Bills Dodge Rams and Travel Trailer (14) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg2014 dodge ram perkins (1).jpg

Agree with you regarding the drama in especially the Technology Corner group.  It was a way to find out other solutions I may never have heard about.  Also was a way to track the latest changes to DirecTV but that always degenerated into an argument after about 3 posts. 😄

If I had to pick one to restore I would definitely say the Roads and Routes group.  That was always helpful.