cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

any changes coming?

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

three new posts at the end of july, on the old version of the board there would have been 60+ a day this time of year.  

there have been several sugesstions how to bring some of the essence of the old board back but yet non have been applied, it makes me wonder if good sam is serious about improving the board or rather do they just want the old posts to be a click bait for google, because if you look at the "trending" posts, non are curently active and over half are more than 5 years old, how is that trending, more like a "random" post generator.  

I use to love this board as it was one of the bvest comunities out there for all round knowlage and fun.  yes discussions could get a little heated between individuals but the next day they were chatting about something else like nothing happened, now I come here and its crickets and 10 year old posts drug up by a visitor who was doing a google search on an issue.  

going from the activity on the board, I would guess that everyone sold there RVs and cancled there internet subscriptions but I know that is not true.  

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100
23 REPLIES 23

Currently, it certainly looks like that to me too. When replying to new posts, few people seem to know how to reply. The system is too confusing for most people. It's tough enough for us. ๐Ÿ™„

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II

Let's not sugar coat this; lol, yea, it sucks.  Deaf ears. 

It's one of those times where the office made a decision, and they're going to stand by that choice all the way to the bottom. 

Probably too late for a fix, which probably should be rip the band aid off, suck it up, and purchase a proper forum.  Probably too late...

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator

I agree Steve, I was really hoping a few months after the big change many of the old regulars would return, but it never happened.  There are a few of us who come here to check in, but it doesn't have any of the old vigor.  Navigating this awkward layout is not how a forum should work, why they didn't change to a modern standard design was the death of it.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

well I have learned to navage pretty good now, the lay out isn't so much my isue anymore, but rather option like how many post per page I am sti;; trying to dial in and such.  to me its the visibility of things when I am looking for new posts, the slight difference in the bold for us older guys with eyes that are getting tired just doesnt stand out, a different color would make it much better.  then tere is the fact where if some one replies to a old topic it doesnt highlight it at all, just throws it up in the date and you have to search through a 10 page post to find the reply to one of the other 100 replys  to the original post......

then there is just the names they picked for the groups , mostly on the "everything RV" side, they just don't work, the two most active groupls on the old board used to be "Tech" and "DIY"  now they are gone, the names have been changed to the point they mean totaly different things "DIY maintenace"  and Technical Issues"  so we can just chat about new battery tech anymore as thats not an issue, and you can't talk about the cool accessory you built because thats not maintenance.   I would go back to the original names, then alter the "RV tips and tricks" to say "RV maintenance tips and tricks"

get rid of campground 101 as know one knows whats that is suposed to be and maybe change it to "RV campground and trip reports"  which lets it cover the whole board instead of just little stickys in the truck camper or motorhome groups.  also lets people see what kind of places other types of rv's can get to instead of just seeing parking lots with power in the motorhome group ๐Ÿ˜  and as for "RV Must haves" it can just go softly into the night, there is a "must have" thread in every groupe for a type of rv which makes a lot more sence because a lot of must haves are dependent on the type of rv.  as for the groupls I am not a fan of how they split up all the geographical areas to twice the number of groups then got rid of canada / alaska and just called us international but it still works on that side.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Dennis_Henderso
Explorer III
Explorer III

I agree with you Scottiemom.  Miss the old board.  This one definitely is not close to the user-friendly old board.  Such a shame!

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad

Totally agree. I used to start my day with RV.net. . . now I rarely look. It is so cumbersome and hard to navigate. Used to be able to glance and see what activity there was on your favorite threads. . . now you have to dig. It's just not worth it.

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Same as others, I used to log in every day, sometimes multiple times per day. Now I might log in once a month to see if anything has improved. It hasnโ€™t. 

I still start my day with my coffee on here.  before in the camping season, I would spen my whole hour before I go to work on the old site, and some times I wouldn't even finish the posts in the area I look at, which isnt really alot, I only have a camper, and a 5th wheel, but I started the boar when I had a trailer so I still check thoes three, the rest are all the diy , tech, tow vehicles and a couple others, but there would be so many post this time of year I couldnt get through them in the hour.  now I am on 3 or 4 different rv sites and some other ones that I manafe to check everything because there are no posts on the good same anymore.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100