cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forum Ranking

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

I have not seen any movement at all in my ranking over the past month. Is it just me, or is there a coding error causing a problem?

Just wondering.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29
13 REPLIES 13

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

I'm in the tags don't matter category. I mean remember in the old RV.Net days where you achieved the top level of  senior after a lowly 200 posts. It was rare to see anybody that was not senior.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

And there were many who could get into heated debates over one topic and end up with 10 or more postings on that one discussion. 

leave me out of this haha

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II

Who really knows what all those rankings actually mean anyway? 

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

the tags get harder and harder to get, and we don't know what you have to do for requirments for the next level so its like a blind game..  but how much does it realy matter? do you wake up in anticipation thinking this is the day you make Navagator 2?  for myself I was just more curious to what the requirments were for each level.. most of the time they have nothing to do with any wisdom or knowlage but rather with post count.  so the guy who posts 500 video links to youtube of his camper trip, earns the same amont of points as the guy who makes 500 posts helping people with problems. 

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

I have been a member for 19 years and 6,700 posts and I am now a nomad. Lost whatever status I had due to difficulties of using the new format. (as if status really means anything other than ego)

@BB_TX wrote:

I have been a member for 19 years and 6,700 posts and I am now a nomad. Lost whatever status I had due to difficulties of using the new format. (as if status really means anything other than ego)

I would like to point out that there was a coding error made over 6 months ago. A number of people including you got a rank you did not earn. They did not know how to reverse this error. A number of us had to earn our rank the hard way.

๐Ÿ˜Ž

19 years and 6700 posts is status.  The Nomad moniker is somewhat meaningless.  In my book anyway.  I am still stumbling around this site myself.  Probably will for a while.  I am not a big user.

really the number of posts mean absolutly nothing.  I have been here for 21 years now with a paultry 2600ish posts.  so if all my posts were asking for help, does that mean the same as if they were all helping?  what about around the campfire posts, what do they count towards? or comunity posts complaining about the board, do they count?  post count means nothing excapt you answer almost every post you see or you ask alot of question.. I wouldn't mind a ranking just on how long you have been a member of the board, but that doesnt imply any great wisdom either, just that you have been into RVing for a long time, but it could also mean you have seen some things over the years

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II

It takes time to move as you progress through the ranks.  Obviously the first few visitor and novice levels flew by with little contributions.  

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II

I've saw changes on a regular basis, but we have been on a 5-week road trip so I wasn't around recently to notice.  Edit: Ok I soon as this reply posted I noticed my Nomad ranking has moved to Navigator 1, so it's still moving with daily log=on and posts. 

• Visitor I,II,III
  • Novice I,II,III
  • Explorer I,II,III
  • Nomad I,II,III
  • Navigator I,II,III
  • Trailblazer I,II,III
  • Globetrotter I,II,III

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

I have been sitting on Navigator I for over a month now. I can't see why I haven't moved a least to Navigator II.

I am just spinning my wheels. 

๐Ÿ™

Those monikers are simply names the site pins on you.  Like me, we still are what we are.  I am still stumbling around here trying to figure out how it works.  Good luck.