cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reply to a reply

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad

I can not find out how to quote a reply when I reply to a reply.  Moreover, my reply does not show up below the reply that I am replying to.  So the reader does not know what my reply is all about.

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dedmiston

@TenOC wrote:

I can not find out how to quote a reply when I reply to a reply.  Moreover, my reply does not show up below the reply that I am replying to.  So the reader does not know what my reply is all about.

I'm still getting used to the replies and the quotes. It took me a sec to figure out that the Quote feature only appears when you're replying to a post. This means you can't include multiple quotes in one response, which isn't ideal.

Since my response here is a reply, can you reply to it?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

I very quickly learned how to reply to a reply and quote function on my own. Easy peasy.  I do not miss the multiple quote function as it got completely out of hand on RV.Net.  Although very different this is new good site. Happy camper here and now.

2014 dodge ram perkins (1).jpgcombined photo of perkins ins UH-1H Dustoff seat with Dustoff at Uplift.JPG

dedmiston

@TenOC wrote:

I'm still getting used to the replies and the quotes. It took me a sec to figure out that the Quote feature only appears when you're replying to a post. This means you can't include multiple quotes in one response, which isn't ideal.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

@dedmiston wrote:

@TenOC wrote:

I see a reply button under my reply, so it looks like you can reply to a reply.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

I am  repling to Dedmiston

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

playing with the reply button

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

@TenOC Definitely not intuitive. You have to:

• Navigate to the post you want to reply to
  • Click on the Reply button under that specific post
  • A Replying to window opens
  • This step is important. On top of the replying to window click on the quotation marks (")
  • The quoted text will now be in the reply box, but it is up top out of sight.
  • Scroll up in the window and you will see and be able to edit the content you are replying to.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

@opnspaces wrote:

• This step is important. On top of the replying to window click on the quotation marks (")
  • Scroll up in the window and you will see and be able to edit the content you are replying to.

test post

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

@opnspaces wrote:

Ah, so you have to click on the quote marks to get the quote in your reply.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded