cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just bad Luck?

spiker44
Explorer III
Explorer III

02/06/2023 we bought a 2019 Forest River Salem Hemisphere GLX. Paid extra for a presale inspection. Our first trip was a short 2 hour drive and 2 hours back. Loved it with no problems. Second trip 4 hours each way. No problems except noticed I had to increase the gain a few times from 4.5 to 7. Third trip was crazy. About an hour into the drive we had a blow out on the pass side rear tire. Got it to the side of the rd very quickly thank goodness. It Took out the plumbing for the slide out rear sink. Changed it with spare. Now running without spare, decided to got to tire shop and get a new tire and put spare back on rack. Mechanic came to me to show other tires were oblong and not round. Also that there were two different brands of tire on it only being 4 years old. The tire had delaminated and he said it was going to happen again. I bought 4 new tires, had him check over what he could like while up on jack wiggle tires to see if loose or bearings were tight. Rv pulled better then ever we noticed as I guess we were driving on not true round tires. Arrived at out site and stayed for 2 weeks. Everything was great. Everything worked as it should in the couples trailer. On our way back we drove 4 hours and stopped for 2 days then continued on our way home. . 4 more hours and we were at our driveway. While backing up I had to turn in on an angle to back into our drive. I felt a bump and then another. I stopped and got out to find the rear drive side tire, rim and hub had broke off the axle. I found the ring and little bearings around where it cam off. After looking at it further there were no brake parts in the hub or left on the axle. No shoes or housings, no springs. no magnet . Nothing. Completely bear. I had an insurance inspector come out and he was amazed that nothing was left and that the hub came off in the drive, there should of been something. I called the dealer and they told me in no way did they sell it like that With no brakes or old used different tires. I told them I had pictures of everything. I was told to bring it in so they could look at it. It is 3 hours away and how do I drive it there on 3 wheels. I dont have trust in them now. I am going to take it to a closer repair shop. So it turns out it will be two separate claims and I will have to pay 2 deductibles. I dont see how brake parts could just disintegrate or fall off before the tire broke off. ??? Yikes What do I do know? I know blowouts happen and bearings fail butt what was overlooked on the before sale. No confidence so I will now pay again for a full inspection as I did presale !!! and thoughts?

0 REPLIES 0