cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This new site -- what a debaucle!

retiredrealtor
Explorer
Explorer

Wow, am I the only one that dislikes this new site with a passion?  It wouldn't let me sign in under my old RV.net credentials.  It wouldn't even give me enough spaces for my full user name ... So, I had to create a new account, under a different name.  Now I can't even find a place where all newest entries are posted.  I have to choose a VERY specific area.   Hmmmm, this sure isn't what the old site was.  I doubt I'll spend much time here, if any.  Does anyone else share my feelings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @retiredrealtor

We are here to help! 

We can definitely help you gain access to your old RV.net account. We will send you a direct message here shortly to collect your info and help you gain access. 

As @MFL mentioned, we did hear a lot of User feedback about wanting an area so that users can see all unread posts! If you head to the home page you will find it on the lower right side. If you have more ideas on how to improve the community let us know. We are always working to make updates based on user feedback, especially from our loyal RV.net users. 

Thanks again and we will message you shortly. 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dedmiston

Hey @retiredrealtor - I figured out your problem (I think). Your old username was too long for the new site and the name was truncated to @RetiredRealtorR (without the "ick" in "Rick").

Try logging in with that username and see what happens. Let me know if you need more help.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

No problems here.  I like this GS forum that is better in many ways than the old RV net forum.  Did all the moderators transport over to this GS forum??? Cheers to the New forum. 

dedmiston

@retiredrealtor wrote:

Wow, am I the only one that dislikes this new site with a passion?  It wouldn't let me sign in under my old RV.net credentials.  It wouldn't even give me enough spaces for my full user name ... So, I had to create a new account, under a different name.  Now I can't even find a place where all newest entries are posted.  I have to choose a VERY specific area.   Hmmmm, this sure isn't what the old site was.  I doubt I'll spend much time here, if any.  Does anyone else share my feelings?

Hey Rick - I'm happy to help you get back onto your old account if you'd like to. I'll send you a PM to get started.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @retiredrealtor

We are here to help! 

We can definitely help you gain access to your old RV.net account. We will send you a direct message here shortly to collect your info and help you gain access. 

As @MFL mentioned, we did hear a lot of User feedback about wanting an area so that users can see all unread posts! If you head to the home page you will find it on the lower right side. If you have more ideas on how to improve the community let us know. We are always working to make updates based on user feedback, especially from our loyal RV.net users. 

Thanks again and we will message you shortly. 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

@retiredrealtor I also had trouble getting signed up, a week ago, but with former admin help, got er done. There is a place NOW, for newest entries posted. On home page, go down to bottom right of page to view. I have been here for almost a week, and have to say a lot of improvements have been made already. The rv.net site was great, but had been in a steady decline for several years, almost coming to a halt in recent months. I miss some of the rv.net people, more than the site. Stick around Rick, if that is who you are.