cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12v outlets

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Our 25b came with only 2 traditional 12v outlets in the coach. These are for the tv’s. It has usb outlets though. One over the rear bed and one at the dinette. Some time ago I changed the light fixture in the overcab bed to one with a usb outlet. But there is no 12v. I recently bought ultrasonic rodent repellers and wanted to plug one in centrally. It came with battery connectors so I cut those off and added a 12v plug. Then I removed the upper cabinet corner panel and tapped into the usb outlet wiring.

Somewhere I read about t-taps that don’t require cutting the wires. Unfortunately my drill bit made a ragged hole. I screwed the new 12v outlet in and I ended up having to cut a little more of the cabinet bottom to fit the new outlet next to the usb outlet.

I replaced the panel and I will probably leave the blemish on the cabinet bottom. Normally I have small plastic drawer sets up there and will not see it.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021
1 REPLY 1

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
EMD360 wrote:
Our 25b came with only 2 traditional 12v outlets in the coach. These are for the tv’s. It has usb outlets though. One over the rear bed and one at the dinette.

My Airstream came with plenty of USB outlets, and precisely ZERO of the 12v outlets. I have added 2 of them, myself. I put one in the panel under my bed to plug in my CPAP machine. There was an unused pair of 12v wires there, so I used them. (They must have been there for other options.) I also put one under the dinette to plug in my laptop charger, or anything else. There were no spare 12v wires there, but there had been a sub-woofer there with 12v power. (It is now in the top of my closet at home for re-installation if I ever sell the trailer. Removing it tripled the storage space I had in that compartment, and we never listen to music.) I tapped into that circuit.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB