cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding An Amplified Speaker Sound Bar System

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Jensen 12 volt 32" led tv in my front entertainment center, 2012 Forest River Lexington. Only audio is thru the tv speakers and no way to hook it up to the speakers in the coach that are tied into the cab stereo.
Thinking of getting an amplified sound bar speaker system and connnecting it to the audio output terminal on the tv.
Wondering if anyone has done this type of set up and how has it worked out.
Have a system in our house and it works great, and would love to get some decant sound quality in the Lexi.
Grumpy
11 REPLIES 11

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Id like to do this too.. Tagging along.
2015 Shadow Cruiser 280QBS | 2015 Ford Expedition XLT HD Tow
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
rsqfyrmedic wrote:
Here's my refurbished Vizio set up on a small aluminum angle iron and bolted to lift mechanism. We LOVE it! Good luck with your project!

Great idea and execution.

rsqfyrmedic
Explorer
Explorer
Here's my refurbished Vizio set up on a small aluminum angle iron and bolted to lift mechanism. We LOVE it! Good luck with your project!

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I install a Yamaha sound bar for my TV in the bedroom and sound excellent.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
Well, ended up getting a JBL 200 soundbar. Fits perfectly just below the tv. Have it wired to the audio out and via rca splitters, hooked up a set of wireless headphones for the DW. She uses hearing aids and when the ac and the tv are both on her aids keep switching between the noise from the ac and the tv. Works really well, and she's happy. And if DW is happy everybody is happy.
Grumpy

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I've been shopping sound bars as well and don't want the bar longer than 32". How good is the sound quality on the Vizio and Phillips? Thanks.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Jack_Kay
Explorer
Explorer
I added a 30" Phillips sound bar system to my LED TV installation. It's 120V and has a wired Sub woofer that I placed in the cabinet behind the TV. A lot of the sound bars are expensive and wider than what I needed or wanted. This one also has a line in or playing music from my iPhone and a hand-held remote. You can find it as Best Buy and other places.
Jack & Kay
2015 Allegro 32CA
2014 Honda CR-V
FMCA #F341229

rsqfyrmedic
Explorer
Explorer
I hated the 720p 32" flat screen that came with my RV for both picture quality and sound. Black Friday I scored a 1080p 32" LED for $200 and a Vizio refurbished sound bar for $40. I'll post pix in a bit but this has been one of the best mods I've done so far. If your tv has the necessary "audio out" connections I HIGHLY recommend the upgrade.

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
I've been researching doing this myself. I'm will be going with a soundbar/subwoofer setup. Rear wireless satellite speakers would be a bonus, but I'm not holding my breath.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I have my LED screen audio output from the headphone jack to an aux in on a standard 120V stereo receiver. For those without inverted power it may not make sense but the theory is the same no matter how you do it, audio output from the screen to either a speaker or an amplifier (if using signal level output).
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I added a sound bar to my Wildwood to connect a 24" led tv that has terrible sound. It was a cheep way to upgrade and sounds good for very little money. I bought a cheep sound bar for $59.