cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding Aux input to Linear Series LS7600CD Player

raygun
Explorer
Explorer
So my wife and I, being poor grad students, finally saved up enough for a used travel trailer. We love it, but the radio with a CD player is useless to us. So I decided to add an aux cord. I figured a lot of people have this same radio in their trailers so here is what I did.

On the top board there is a spot where the audio is fed out to the speakers (see pictures below) and this is where I added the three wires I stripped from an auxiliary cable. R=right, L=left, G=ground.

Then I notched the cd cover a little to pull the cord through.

The radio (AM/FM) still works and so does the CD player. When a phone or mp3 player is plugged in, the audio overrides the weaker output from the am/fm and cd and has no interference. The radio can be left in either mode and there is no issue.

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to add the cord before the volume controls, so the volume knob does nothing. The volume is controlled by the device only (along with equalizer, balance, etc.) I could probably figure out how to add the input through the CD audio and then play a silent CD but I decided against it. Either way, it works well and was free!

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

3 REPLIES 3

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully, there is a diode or some resistance close by in that circuit so that you don't lose the output of your CD player or, burn up the output of your phone. It might be safer to use just one signal source at a time, leaving the other unpowered.

An alternative to using an additional device or player might be to solder on a Bluetooth board into the CD player's input circuit. That assumes that your additional playing device has Bluetooth capability. The Bluetooth boards can be had for less than $5.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

raygun
Explorer
Explorer
Eh, I'm trying to save money here and there plus it works really well.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Kind of hackish but I give you credit for trying..

I would of just bought a 25 buck fm input modulator..

https://www.amazon.com/iSimple-IS31-Antenna-Modulator-Aftermarket/dp/B002U5XPBE/ref=sr_1_4?s=electro...
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh