cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone have recommendations for awning replacement

pweekly
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. I am trying to fix up the motorhome to trade or sell and downsize. Several years ago, we got into an argument with a high tree branch and wrecked the awning including the cover. I want to replace this (finally) and in my user manuals, it shows A&E systems 21 foot I believe awning. Not sure what I need to order or what is now compatible. I know it still has all the wiring (a dealer removed it years ago and left the wiring and arms). That dealer is now out of business. So, starting from scratch here, any direction is so appreciated. It had the wind sensor I know and was automatic. Thatโ€™s about it. From reading the installation manuals, YouTube etc. it doesnโ€™t seem to be a particularly difficult job to replace. But having compatible parts would be helpful. Thanks so much.
Trish

Tricia and Tom

:B

2005 Mandalay 40E 400HP cummins/Freightliner in Sapphire blue.
4 REPLIES 4

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
Sandia Man wrote:
We have Carefree awnings and went directly to their website to view info on replacements although we purchased items elsewhere for well under Carefree online pricing. Not overly complicated process, we even added some window awnings to keep the heat out during summer RVing. There are service companies that specialize in awning replacement in most major cities, I seen them removed and replaced in about 15 minutes when RVing in PHX a few years back.

Really? It takes me 15 minutes to lower mine. Haha

Jesseannie

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
I just went through the thought process of redoing my awning my self or getting the local RV shop to do it.
I decided not to tackle it myself. I am glad.
The shop took it all down, replaced the fabric, replaced a torsion spring (he had a barely used one he gave me). Freshened up all the fasteners and recaulked
the holes. It works better than it ever has. He charged me 675.00 complete. For me it was worth it. And that was a completly manual awning.

Jesseannie

pweekly
Explorer
Explorer
Oh wow. that sounds quick. Thank you so much. Will do some searching.
Trish

Tricia and Tom

:B

2005 Mandalay 40E 400HP cummins/Freightliner in Sapphire blue.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have Carefree awnings and went directly to their website to view info on replacements although we purchased items elsewhere for well under Carefree online pricing. Not overly complicated process, we even added some window awnings to keep the heat out during summer RVing. There are service companies that specialize in awning replacement in most major cities, I seen them removed and replaced in about 15 minutes when RVing in PHX a few years back.