cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone use Quick connect for water hose?

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
As the title says, I am interested in the idea of leaving a quick connect on the water hose for our travel trailer. We have a small plastic door that has a plastic connector which is again threaded to another connector in the camper. Sorry for the vague terms. I believe what is mounted from factory is 1/2" male to 3/4" female, and that 3/4" female is what the hose connects to. 1- I would like to replace that factory adaptor with a metal one (although the rest of the system is plastic anyway so not sure it matters) and 2- I'd like to leave a threaded quick connect on the camper and on the hose. Because this connection is recessed, it's often difficult to get the hose tight enough to avoid leaking and even spraying out. A quick connect would lave that portion connected and make it easy. Anyway, I see these all over Amazon. Is anyone using them for RV's? and if so any suggestions? Thanks!
19 REPLIES 19

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
ernie1 wrote:
I did what you are thinking of doing and it"s worked out extremely well. However, one of the biggest problem in doing this is that most quick connect fittings are too long to fit under your plastic cover unless you drill a hole in it and that looks really hokey! I looked around and found the shallowest fittings I could find and swapped holes with the tv cable connection so that the hose connection would be towards the center of the plastic cover where there is a bulge and it fits and works well.

Thanks! Do you have a link to the one you used? I like the one iamichabod shared but want to review all.

Also, I noticed they make them in reverse where the male end would attach to the camper instead. Cant seem to find dimensions listed on any though so it's touch to tell which would fit better. click
Thanks again!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
MarkTwain wrote:
Just be sure and use the white plumber tape for the quick connect connectors.

Hose connectors are sealed with a rubber washer, not at the threads, Teflon has no effect.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Just be sure and use the white plumber tape for the quick connect connectors.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like This one the male end fits better and is shorter than the other types. It may fit behind your door.

I use quick disconnects on everything.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I did what you are thinking of doing and it"s worked out extremely well. However, one of the biggest problem in doing this is that most quick connect fittings are too long to fit under your plastic cover unless you drill a hole in it and that looks really hokey! I looked around and found the shallowest fittings I could find and swapped holes with the tv cable connection so that the hose connection would be towards the center of the plastic cover where there is a bulge and it fits and works well.