DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Awning Sun Protection

I've recently completed a DIY awning sun protection project that I'm excited to share. I have it on a google photos shared album that I hope all can see. It is here, and I invite you to take a look. Read the comments on all the photos to get the full...

WiFi enabled level

Here's a prototype of a WiFi enabled electronic level for use with my RV trailer.The plan is to install it centrally inside the coach somewhere, and then while I'm in the cab of my truck, I can check the front/back and side/side level of the RV from ...

Rust-oleum color back wipes

Has anyone tried the new Wipe Rust-oleum R6PCRTLKIT Recolor Paint Restorer with Wipe-On Applicator? Seen this on TV and Amazon.Wonder how it would work on faded motor home ?? Says it works.

Dennis12 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Dog bone

I'm having a hard time finding a dog bone that goes from male 20amp to female 30ampDo they exist?Male end must look like this Click

snarkee by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Rockwood/Flagstaff Solar Panel Mounting

Has anyone mounted solar panels on either of these two trailers? I am looking to purchase one and concerned that mounting them on the thin laminated roof will be a problem. If you have done it could you tell me how you secured then to the roof.

Sgeorge by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Westholt Redneck Rebuild: Floor questions

Good day everyone. Hope this is the right place to post this. If you want to skip to my question, just ignore the quoted text.While the purists will probably look at what I have and cry, others will admire a camper that is still around and kicking in...

NoDak84 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Sofa upgrade

Our View has a standard jack-knife sofa but DW won't use it due to the channel down the middle for the hinge.Has anyone upgraded to a sofa where that channel is eliminated or at least reduced greatly?

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

2008 Weekend Warrior SL2805 5th wheel

I'm looking for ideas on where or how to mount my flag pole holder to my toyhauler. My trailer doesn't have a exterior ladder to get to the roof , so I can't mount the holder on that. The back ramp door area has no room to mount my holder there eithe...

Installing a Tip-out Pop-Out Tent in cargo trailer?

Iv always liked these Tip-out Pop-Out Tents and wondered how difficult it would be to install one in a older enclosed featherlite 4926 cargo trailer? I know once you cut the opening you would have to weld in horizontal aluminum headers.. So, would...

rerod by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Stinky Slinky storage

I recently purchased a 2007 Forest River Lexington. It does not have a 5" square bumper for the Stinky Slinky. The small compartment will not accommodate my hose.I have seen other that have affixed a section of white PVC pipe to their rear bumper.I w...

rbrand by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Replacement - Ride Along Charger

Well, the previous owner of this coach installed a house battery that was simply not a house battery. I think he put it in there because it said "RV" on it and thought that was the ticket. Well, a deep cycle battery with cold cranking power isn't wha...

Mor Ryde Step Above

I just installed these steps on our 5'er and they are awesome!$300 for the set, but wowzer, great product!

tomthyme by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Wiring for Power Tongue Jack

I'll be installing a power tongue jack. I do a fair amount of dry camping, which means I am frugal about my use of battery power. I selected a power tongue jack that uses less energy due to a ball-bearing design. I am thinking of wiring it to use tow...