DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Replacing / Upgrading Electrical Panel

Hello, Rookie RVer :C here!!!!!Is there a "need" or benefit(s) to changing the electrical panel? My Class A is a 1996, no problems with electric. I have been upgrading/modifying "this and that" in the Class A and just curious to know if there is any ...

Awning Help

Went to put up our sun screen for the winter now that we are settled at Tampa and found that the replacement awning installed at it seems that the end caps were put on wrong. Is there a way to rotate an end cap without working about the spring action...

JJnLilly by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding Another Shore Power Input

I mounted my generator on the rear rack of my 5'r and it worked great during our trip to the NoCal Coast last week. Just run the cables on the ground, hook 'em up and start the Genny. I was thinking it would be really nice to T-off of the stock shor...

WackAway by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar for keeping batteries topped off.

Interested in a small solar solution to keep 2 24 group batteries topped off while the RV is in storage. Right now I disconnect and haul the batteries to the house and charge them monthly. The RV is in full sun all day long in central FL. I'm guessin...

Twain by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

radio replacement in 2003 Itasca Sunova/Sightseer

Planning in replacing the Magnadyne 9900 radio in my MH. Problem is the current unit is a 1.5 DIN and wanting a 2 DIN unit. Looking for recommendations from someone that has done it, specifically on where new brackets/sleeve were obtained.

project for the day

Hopefully this is an easy one.I have had a slight fresh water leak from the toilet recently.I also wanted to put in a riser and a shut off to the toilet, just in case.My question is two part. 1 What do you think would be the simplest way to install...

Painting motor home cupboards

I have been watching Youtube pieces on painting our motor home cupboards and I am still not sure if painting the cupboards is a good idea because of the paper covered particle board used to make the cupboards.Has anyone painted their cupboards and if...

nbking by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Champion 2000

What's the cheapest place to buy a Champion 2000?Seems like I saw a reference to a refurbished store online.Thanks,Mike

Led strips

Is there such a thing as a good strand of led strip lights. Mine have been on there for about 1 1/2 years and I lost half a strip. Ugh!

Cargo carrier question

Hi guys, new to the forum but have been using the search button for months. I haven't been able to exactly find the answer to my question so go easy on me!My rig is a 2008 Starcraft Antigua 185sb (hybrid model) 2628lbs dry and tongue weight of 476lbs...

Installing a new awning

So currently my TT does not have an awning installed on it. I know come summer time I will want some extra shade outside. Is it difficult to install an awning? Any special hardware or tools I will need?It's a 25' Dutchmen TT for what it's worth.

Bathroom re-do

I am going to tear out my bathroom "vanity-sink" cabinet and want to replace it with a small one that I can get from Lowes. These come with much better sinks, faucets and more storage. I will also replace the flat mirror mounted on the wall with a re...

Solar Advice (sort of off topic)

I know a lot of RV people have put together their own solar power systems so I'm looking for some advice.My driveway at home is 500 feet long and has a sharp bend in it about half way down. I can't see the road from my house, but at that point I hav...