DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Upgrade to theater seating(?)

The DW and I are looking at ideas to upgrade to theater seating in our Outback 316RL. Since it's just the two of us we figure we can have any guests sleep on an air mattress. The couch is not comfortable to sit on at all, seems to be too short for ...

ajk170 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Ventilation

I've got a 6 x 14 enclosed trailer that I've built out inside as a travel tailer. It has one of those roof vents that is the standard crank vent on the roofs of these trailers. I've got the trailer sealed air tight, so it's the only vent..In the sum...

Wanting to upgrade stereo and speaker bar

Have a 2017 Wildcat 29rlx. It has a 4 speaker stereo for music inside the living area and outside, with Bluetooth. I should just be able to drop in a nice car stereo unit, right? And replace the 4 speakers, n and out....The speaker bar should just be...

Jim102 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Skirting ideas -> any successful DYI results

Looking to skirt the camper to gain extra months in the late fall and early spring season. Looking for anyone who might have a good solution. Camper is out in a open field, so I am trying my best not to use material the critters will love to make n...

Philips 18W LED bulbs not for enclosed fixtures

Just bought and installed some of these bulbs. Of course my wife reads on the package after the install that they are not for enclosed fixtures. I save the packages and will return them. Thought I would post this in case there are others like me w...

Oldcow by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Running outside fridge while traveling

I know this has been talked about before but most of the post just turn into people arguing about if you can or can't or why you would or wouldn't. I would like to only have replies from people that were able to accomplish what I am thinking about d...

filling fresh water with city water hook up

For those of you like me that do not have tne luxury to be able to fill your fresh water tank direct with city water hookup here's what to do.Go to your fresh water pump and install a tee in the pump suction line and one to the outlet line. Now run a...

papper by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Relocating and rewiring bath fan switch

We have an exhaust fan in the bathroom of our Keystone Copper Canyon.Problem is that the switch is a push button, and it's mounted on the fan housing.i'd like to rewire the fan to a wall mount switch where it can easily be reached by everyone.1) What...

Table top

For those of you who converted their dinette into an individual chair/table setting.What kind of table did you use. A version with 4 legs as it is available from stores? Or did you make your own with one of those typical single post RV table stands...

Hudsoner by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Junk Washer out Quality Washer in!

Was tired if the Chinese Made Whirlpool not discharging all the water at the end of cycle. It would work for a while then not. Called Whirlpool thew only suggested service and was out of warranty. I decided it was not worth throwing at least $3-40...