DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Hitch handler

Inspired by a commercial product that uses extra holes in the hitch head to transport your hitch I came up with this simple adaptation .If you can't find the super duty tie wraps you can use several together for safety .We like to remove our hitch he...

Magnetic "Door Halfway Open" Holder

Whenever we cook (which is twice a day), we have to open the windows and the door in order to get enough air – otherwise, the propane/carbon monoxide alarm goes off. In warm, dry weather, opening the door is no problem – we just open the front door ...

Adding a window AC to trailer

Sorry, because I think this has been covered in a previous thread but I can't find it. I want to add a small 5K BTU through a siding panel in my old Starcraft. I have a dedicated receptacle close to this location. Any tips about mounting and sealing ...

westend by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

DIY Parallel kit for inverter/generators

Hoping some RV.NET diy'ers can help me out. Thanks in advance. I purchased two Pulsar PG2000iS 2000W Peak 1600W Rated Portable Gas-Powered Inverter Generators for my travel trailer.I planned on running both in parallel when I need A/C but all the so...

MH radio with engine off

The dashboard radio on our Ford E350 works great with the engine off and even has speakers over the dinette. Unfortunately putting the ignition switch in AUX causes the headlights to go on! I have no idea how to change that, but I figured I could c...

Harvey51 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

hard start capacitor

Got an spp6E for my a/c.I don't know if my unit is psc or csir type.I'm guessing psc and I would hook the new capacitor to tothe unused prongs of the oval capacitor.Both have 2 unused prongs as seen in pic.Any opinions from the electrical gurus would...

Anyone know How to remove original shower head swival mount

I have a 2008 majestic with a plastic shower head swival mount that i need tp replace. However there are no visible fasteners nor can i find a similar one to use as a pattern. Anyone have any ideas how these come off? I know others are replacing t...

Kbs by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Luxeon Gen3 COB

Philips Lumileds Luxeon CoB Generation 3 are now widely available to us common folk.More info here: Luxeon CoB Core Range700lm to over 7000lm output, 35 volts DC, solder-free clamp style holders from TE ConnectivityThe LEDs are ranked by current hand...

What was Winne/Itasca thinking, lousy C/B ant mt.

Gents, The use of C/B radios is not all that important to many of you. But, there are quite a few that still use them from time to time, for various reasons. I'm one of them. Our coach, an '04 Itasca Horizon, 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT, came with a ...

FIRE_UP by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Stand Alone Table Removal

We have a table that is held down by 4 phillips screws. Needing extra space for our new 80lb - 8 month old laberdoodle & kennel we are wanting to remove the table & 4 chairs. We eat a lot outside and on the sofa, recliners...etc. Who has removed t...

Toddler bed restraint

Any good ideas to keep a toddler in his bed? He likes to stand in his crib at home. He is one year old. I picture having a crib without a botton to place on the sofa bed and tie down with straps so he does not fall off. Any ideas?

Skelshy by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom Garmin 760LMT mount in our truck

Recently bought a Garmin RV 760LMT. The problem with GPS units is how and where to mount them. Windshields can be too far away and block the view of the road. Dashes normally don't have anywhere to attach one. I ended up making a custom setup so ...