DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How I replaced our city water inlet

Another week, another new part on the travel trailer. This week I finally got around to replacing our beat up city water inlet and was happy to have a simple fix.The install was exactly what I expected and was fairly quick. I just zipped the 4 scre...

RVcircus by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

New Bumper and Generator Platform for my Trailer

While in La Paz Mexico (Baja) I had a welding shop come to the campground and remove my existing Bumper and replace it with a new one that I designed and they built. I also had them make a steel box for my Generator.My goal was to have a place to per...

4X4Dodger by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

radio speakers

I was out in the TT today putting in new LED lights and tried to listen to the radio. my speakers are like listening to the radio under water. those of you who have replaced your speakers, what or where did you get them. I'm sure I have to first meas...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Relocating battery

I am looking to upgrade my battery to two golf cart's. However, I can't handle the additional tongue weight, so I was considering relocating the batteries to either under my rear bunks or on the floor of the pantry. I understand that the batteries ne...

Trick for monitoring freezer while absent:

2 week biz trip + freezer full of tri-tip + thaw/re-freeze paranoia =A. Place plastic cup of water in freezer until frozen. B. Place a few coins on top of the frozen water.C. On return, if coins not at bottom of cup, no thaw/re-freeze event.Back onsi...

Gypsy62 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New Loveseat Installed in our Starcraft 24RLS Launch

We purchased our Starcraft Launch 24RLS last February and got some good use out of it in the last year. The number one pain in the behind was the jackknife sofa. The sofa was lightweight and didn't hold up to the normal use of two average people. It ...

w8eh by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding an Air conditioner...as in a third?

OK....so I have two older Carrier 15000 BTU units on my Vogue, these two replaced two Coleman 13,500 units that were standard equip. My front Carrier just doesn't have the output anymore and "ices" fairly easily, ( I keep the fin's and filters clean,...

Two suspension upgrades this weekend!

Well have the correct Track sitting around for about 5 months, just never time when the weather was good. Got the correct wet bolt kit last week. Weather was good this weekend so I had at it.#1 Rule be sure you 5er isn't going anywhere.With cribbing ...

rhagfo by Explorer III
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Hitch Holder

I'm sure this is an old mod that I just came across today on another forum. What the guy did was take a bumper mount bolt on receiver and put it on the tongue next to the battery so he had a place to store the hitch when not in use. I would like to d...

tv mounting bracket

HiTime to put a tv in the toyhauler garage and have a question. The template on the wall is a small square about 4 by 4 inches. Max tv is 32". All the articulating arms I find for the tv have the mounting bracket spreand out over about 10".How did so...

Inverter to Panel Wiring

I have a 3000w pure sine inverter I'd like to direct wire into my power panel. Once set up on site, turn it on via the remote to power the Montana (except for A/C). No generator only 450AH battery supply charged by a 400w solar system with charge c...

djgodden by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing our RV electric cord hatch

On our last trip we added replacing our electric cord hatch to the list of needed repairs. Dealing with brittle plastic parts has become part of owning an older RV, so on our last trip to Camping World we picked up a replacement.Foolishly, I assumed...

RVcircus by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Level up evolution

Has any body had a level up evolution system installed on their 5th wheel and if so how much was it out the door??