DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Access door

I was tired of removing most of the basement wall just to get at the hot water heater bypass valve, so I went to Lowes and picked an 8x8 plastic access door, only a 20 minute job and saves a lot of hassle. It cost about 12 bucks. They can put a level...

corner rot repair

I'm neck deep in corner rot repair and wanted to share some pictures and ask a few questions. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Here are the questions. 1. when cutting out the rot, is it necessary to cut back beyond the discolored wo...

light bulb to keep fridge warm?

Can anyone who has used a light bulb to keep their fridge warm in the winter (while operating) answer some questions for me?I understand the basic concept, the incandescent bulb puts off a little heat to keep the ammonia tank warm and presumably, liq...

Led Strip- Again

I know that there are thousands of post on these. My Coachmen came with them from the factory with them but they are only 12ft long and I have a slide on that side which blocks the light. I wanted to order some and mount on the slide but they want $1...

turn signals in middle of trailer/5th wheel?

Has anybody installed turn signals in the middle of you towable RV? Do they help??? Any hints?I notice many times a car will let you in or get out of the way when they see your signals. But that is when they see the signals. For someone along side...

path1 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

pantry

Another question we have a pantry with 2 slide out trays and two shelves. I want to replace with a pull out pantry with the wire baskets. Has anyone done this.

jkmac408 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

extra battery ramble

hi all,anyone have a creative use for the (originaly placed ) house battery that never gets used?i have a 94 pleasure way that came with the usual rv/starter house battery charged from the alt or on shore power.over the past year iv added 200 watts o...

ander by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Happijack Double bed platform

I am getting rid of my happijack sofa that converts to a double bed (just not comfortable to sleep on). I am then going to get the bed brackets and then need to make the bed platform. The measurements for the bed platform are larger than a sheet of p...

Extra Winnebago One-Place Monitor

I purchased one of these (~$30 with shipping) several weeks ago to mount & use in the water bay to monitor the tank levels when using the black tank rinse. Or it will plug and play at the original location without the generator functions. Last I look...

One stop parts supplier???

Hi folks,Was gifted a 1966 Sprite caravan from my inlaws and am in the process of stripping it down.Have most of the interior wallboards removed and will be repairing the rot as required....so far not too bad for such an old girl with full tin shell....

Mike_E_ by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Weber Q to propane tank

First, I'm not mentally (or ability-wise) prepared to modify the Weber Q to support the lower pressure system from the RV. I'm generally not mechanically inclined and life/death of propane is above my pay grade.That said, here's what I'm thinking:1) ...

Air intake for front air conditioner

My front air conditioner has never been very cold. I am currently replacing the gasket on this unit. It is not ducted and from what I have seen, this air conditioner was an add on after the trailer left the factory. I noticed the air going into th...

jd3520 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

4in flex duct

I am looking for some 4in flex duct like is used for the heat vents. I have found all types that are like dryer vents that have no insulation to a/c duct with too much insulation. Call me crazy but I have to have a fan blowing on me at night. I bough...