DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

LED light upgrade in my Class C

I replaced 9 pancake lights and 1 single pancake light in my Cruise America 28R with LED versions from Thin-Lite. Sorry no pictures. Here is the link to the double pancake lights. Here is the link to the single pancake light. It is about a $350 USD u...

gotsmart by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Outside Shelves

Last time we went camping, I recognized that it would be nice to utilize the side of my 5th wheel camper to add some "work space" for cooking and serving. I started ruminating about it and came up with this simple solution. It packs away quite nicely...

Just a thought.

I've been wondering and it doesn't mean that I would do it, but wouldn't it be nice to have access under the dinette seat from the outside instead of having to remove the cushions each time? I have a 'U' shaped dinette which is part of my side-out, i...

icanon by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Add outside receptacle

I want to add a extra outside 120 receptacle. Does any body know if they just use the quick connect type socket from the factory?

Upgrade gas shock support for under bed storage

Has anyone upgraded there gas shock for the under bed storage? My 5er has the king size bed and I think the extra weight of the mattress is why the storage will not stay up.I would like to know how you would figure out what size gas strut I would nee...

Shurflo 200-220-39 replacement or repair

I have a Shurflo 200-220-39 in my 84' Komfort 22T. It is my training trailer to see if I like RV-ing. I am slowly fixing it up and just took it out for a trial run 30 mins from home. While working in one of the storage bins I noticed a wet spot under...

Ribeye67 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Another solar question

Didn't want hijack anyone else's thread so here's my question. I was given 2 solar panels to use with my tt. They are Siemens SM55, 55 watt, 17.4 volt, and 3.15 amp each. I will use this setup 1 time a year when I make my Smokey Mountains trip, the ...

jwc99 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

3 permanent recessed electric heaters, 1 per room

The heating season is here so I'm posting what I did for electric heating in our TT as shown in the photos below.I installed a 1,000 watt kick space heater (aka toe space heater) under our range in the kitchen/living space. Perfect fit as it's exact...

Quick disconnects?

Has anyone added quick disconnects to thier water inlet and hose? I would like to have one on my coach, but need to find a way to cover the hole on the disconnect that would stay on the rigI would really only use it when on our cross country trips ...

suprz by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible to use Omni-Directional Antenna to boost WiFi?

I'm looking to boost my Wi-Fi signal on a budget. On top of my travel trailer I already have a Magnadyne Omni-Directional Amplified AM/FM TV Antenna.http://www.magnadyne.com/catalog/part.cfm?PID=729937&CID=25919I'm wondering if I can somehow take tha...

jesruiz by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Firmer cushion foam source?

Howdy! The seat cushions in my trailer compress to pancake thickness almost immediately...is there a good source for firmer foam rubber you folks can pass along? Thanks in advance!

I screwed up!

So I was upgrading my bathroom fan and think I reversed the polarity when reinstalling. Now no lights in bathroom. How bad is it?Are the bulbs blown? Haven't wired up the fan yet. Disgusted over stupid move.

Finder9 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

adding mounting board to exterior of rv?

Just purchased a new Ice Castle fish house; the style with the fiberglass exterior so pretty much the same as a regular rv.We added 12 volt drops high on the exterior so that we can install led light bars on the outside of the fish house. My questio...

steiny93 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes