DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Entertainment Center Mod

When we bought this camper it had a entertainment center for the much deeper tube TV. No sooner did my wife see this she had the idea of putting doors on it and making it a much more friendly food pantry. So I went to work and you can scroll through ...

Norcold High Temp Sensor Box

Well, I learned today that if your Recall black box gets a flashing red light it most likely is the high temp sensor that is attached to the heat tubes with a wire going to the black box. I thought it meant the black box was bad. Also if the black bo...

lj2654 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Floor Replacement on 2000 Bounder

Decided I had enuff of the carpet. Here's some photos of the processThe beginning with seats and other stuff removed:With all carpet out and TONS of staples removed:Under-layer down. Went with a heat and moisture shield layer:Laying the floor:A vie...

zweible by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

looking for advice on floor replacement

Hi, I am new to the forum and this is my first post here. I'm also new to campers as well. Over the weekend, I purchased a 2004 Aerolite 215 (hybrid). I knew there was a soft spot in the floor, but didn't realize how bad it was until I got it home...

mwill07 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

do slide outs damage the vinyl?

We are planning on replacing our carpet in our motorhome with the Allure vinyl planks. I was told by some that the slide out wheels will damage the vinyl?? We can leave carpet on that area if we need to and just replace half the carpet. Was wonderin...

rstoro by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lithium 12v WalMart Battery

WalMart is selling lithium batteries from batterytender.com, I'm installing a 480 watt solar system from Go Power! and was wondering if anyone else is using these batteries or even if they would be suitable as the batteries for such a solar power sys...

Self Adhesive Kitchen Tile Mod 2013

My husband and I do this every year. It's cold outside, we are dying to go camping, but instead we end up at the annual RV show in our area. Just to check out what's new,right? I was actually looking to see what was new with the Big Country, which I ...

Best way to supplement battery bank?

Hi,We're heading out on an extended trip of about 10 days, battery power only. No plug-ins, although I do have 2 T-105's and 230 watt solar to keep us going. We've never had an issue keeping charged even in trees or bad weather, and I have a couple...

Jetta03 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing Dining table

Has anyone removed a free standing table that is screwed to the floor? Has you put it back in later?Trying to make room for more sleeping options in our new rig.

Installed 1500 Watt Inverter And POP

Ok got a 1500 watt Inverter , it came with 2 gauge wire and a ANL inline fuse.Appears very good quality..Ok read all the instructions , seems simple enough.I feed the cables through the floor , route them over to where I have 2 batteries hooked up in...

OFDPOS by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing 4 tires (jacking up)

Need to replace all tires. Where do I jack up? Do I do one tire at a time? See attached view of axles. Also see jack instructions. Says to jack on axle - which I hear you should not do? Then that would mean doing one tire at a time. My cousin said he...

cs2kplus by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

LED Strip Light mod

I recently added a strip of adhesive LED strip lights (with remote and multi color).What I needed:- a strip of Outdoor LED strip lights for about $30 on Amazon- an old 12v power brick (to cut off the brick and use the 12v adapter and wire) you can a...

Gooseneck Recommendations

I currently have a PullRite auto slider hitch that I want to replace with an Andersen Aluminum Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch. The Andersen is a gooseneck hitch so I am looking for recommendations for a gooseneck hitch that I can install in my 2014 F250.