DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Kitchen Faucet

I find it difficult to wash dishes and preserve water with the rv faucet that has a separate hot and cold knob. I got an inexpensive standard faucet with spray wand from the local big box store and hooked it up with no special tools.Tools:--------ad...

First Mods for New Trailer

More are on the way, but here are my first two mods on our new Hideout 30RKDS. To help in carrying our beach umbrellas, I installed eye loops into the support at the top of the storage compartment.I also mounted a tool rack on the front wall.Ken

tnscoutr by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Great tool for any RV owner

I don't know quite where to post this, but DIY seems most appropriate.I recently read a great review of the Harbor Freight 1/2" cordless impact driver in Hot Rod magazine. Based on the high praise, I bought one and tested for myself by removing whee...

DaHose by Explorer
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes

No-Fuss Flush or Tornado

I ordered a kit from Coachmen to find out that the fitting in the tank that they use are made into there tanks so I got some hose and a wall fitting for the 65.00. So I need to use a different fitting for the tank, is one of these better than the oth...

Slimline Console for the Ford E450 sources?

I'm trying to find another source besides Winnebago dealers for the Flint Grey Slimline Console. Frankly, they're way too pricey to buy from them.Part #147623-01-01-A Flint Grey color.Anyone knowing of some stock availability, please share your info...

Attaching small shelf to the wall

I tried to search but couldn't come up with anything. I want to attach a small drop table to the wall next to my bed. What do you guys use to screw into the wall? Should I use a toggle bolt? I don't think there's much of structural note behind the wa...

tkoden by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

would like to replace the thermostat

The thermostat in our new RV is perfect if:You are a dog and can see in the darkYou are 4'7" tall and you have20/20 vision It will be a pain to cover the hole and move the height especially with the control panel 6" above it but would like to get one...

L2R by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Alternate LED fixtures

Thought this might give some ideas- we recently remodeled one of the solar/commercial motor homes I work on (major tear out and rebuild). Having bought miles of LED strips to find the right ones, we fabricated some fixtures out of aluminum channel- t...

Looking for Advice on Cleaning and Polishing my 'B'

Hi All,I have a 1977 Dodge Van Conversion and the paint is seriously oxidized. A painter friend told me there is a three step cleaning and polishing process, but I wanted to find what people on the Forum use for comparison. Please share your experien...