DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

trailer awnings

I am looking at purchasing a trailer without an awning. Are there used or reconditioned awnings available?

Creekside 26bks solar charge controller?

I want to add a solar charge controller to my creekside 26bks. It came w a 10w solar panel and an on/off switch. I can't find any access to the wires. Anyone retrofitted one of these? The on off switch is simply red wires. The solar pNel is red and ...

Adding Washer & Dryer

Just wondering if anyone has added a washer & dryer. This would be in a 5th wheel. Need to know where the best place would be.Thanks!

Canned soup/food storage

When storing canned food under the dinette seat we write the contents and purchase date on the top of the can with a sharpie. Found this easier than picking up several cans and reading the label to find the right item. Tried laying them on their side...

Hobo_X_2 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

hinging folding bed couch mechanism idea

Greetings,I am fitting a 1983 Toyota Coaster bus with beds for 6 and a few other items. I will be using stainless steel and wood. I am looking ideas, photos, diagrams, or keywords that detail how a bed frame could be raised and lowered above another ...

baliboy by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Working on the upstream side of water pump plumbing

I've discovered a pretty severe kink in the hose leading into my Shurflo Revolution 4008. It's near the pump, between it and the water storage tank, and I suspect it's restricting my water flow because the hose is quite flattened out. So I plan to in...

Night Stand Shelf Wardrobe Cabinet Mod

So our Queen bed is in our rear slide. No night stands on either side. Nowhere for DW to put bottle of water, reading glasses or wine glass. DW's side of the bed was right next to her wardrobe. So we made a shelf, cut a hole in the side of the wa...

Cargo Trailer Conversion

Hi, I'm new here. After many years of tent camping and wilderness backpacking, my husband and I have reached the point where we need a night up off the ground every now and then. All the RVs we saw seemed too deluxe for our rather Spartan trips. We e...

Changing from a king bed to queen bed?

We are purchasing a 2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 5th wheel. It's in very good shape, the size we've been looking for, and the price is fair. The only issue we have is that we'd prefer a queen size bed rather than the king that's currently in it. Th...

Digital gauge for house batteries.

I have 2 12 volt house batteries in my class b. I want to install a digital gauge for my batteries. Do I need to install a gauge for each battery or 1 for both batteries. Both batteries are connected together.

New vinyl floor?

What did you use to make a pattern to cut out vinyl for the floor? The old floor came out in pieces and can't be used as a pattern. I thought of using luan.

Surge Guard Monitor

This doesn't rank as the top ten but I like it. I added a monitor to my hardwired Sureguard surge protector.A closer lookThis was the only good place I could find without running wires all over.

FKT4387 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Carry bikes in truck

I made a rack to hold two bikes inside truck. I tried to keep it as compact as possible. Take a look and let me know what you think.Album

Lynnmor by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

And speaking of better refrigerator cooling.

I have a four door Norcold 1200 refer in a 2005 Fleetwood Excursion 39S. It generally works OK, but could work better especially when we have to park with the refer in the sun. Need to keep that ice cream properly frozen.I recently installed a thre...

Trackrig by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes