DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

generator remote start

Has anyone ever tried installing a remote start on their portable generator. I thought I'd be able to find a kit but no luck.

Three recent simple projects

Here are a few recent (within the past several months) small projects I've done on my '98 Coachmen class C.First up: the Ford chassis, somewhat inexplicably, has no glove box. I guess there just isn't room in the passenger side of the dashboard to ...

DrewE by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on Exterior Door Skin

I have a 1965 Homescraft trailer I am rebuilding. The existing exterior door is shot. It is aluminum skinned white on the exterior and wood paneling on the inside. It has a Jalosie window in it. My question is where do I get a sheet of white anod...

Jerry9n by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Outdoor kitchen install?

Am I crazy to think that this could be done? I'm very handy, and water source, propane connection, and an electric outlet are all within feet of where I want it. My only concern is that it would be in a slide. Has anybody played with these type kitch...

bucky by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

?? about fuel tap in on class c chassis

i didnt know if i should pose this question here or in tech forum. i am trying to make a decision on cutaway chassis for a project im doing. while i would like to get best mpg, my biggest need is to have extended driving range. i would like to give a...

Painted floor

Has anyone painted the floor of their RV? I read, on another website, where someone painted the floor with an epoxy type of paint. If anyone has done this, I would love to hear about your results.

Frank55 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding Rear Bumper Cargo Carrier

The GF is looking to buy a 24 or 26 foot Class "C". She is already talking about carrying a bike or scooter for "getting around". Thought about adding 3 foot or so wide cargo carrier with pull out ramp that runs the length of the rear bumper? Got ...

cal3san by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Andersen ultimate trailer gear

there are getting to be so many categories I am not sure where to post this. But today I got my set of Andersen levels and it came with a storage bag. I bought it from fayette trailer sales in Pa. they sell this whole kit for less than Amazon and fr...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Dinette Storage Drawers

Never liked taking the cushions off of the dinette seats to retrieve stuff inside that can't be reached from the door area. Consequently, probably only used 50-60% of the area under the seats.Built a couple of boxes that slide on nylon guides just w...

TUCQUALA by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Great way to work on roof

So I was washing the TT last weekend and thought of a great idea to help with maintenance on my roof.I'm a contractor, and in the shop next to the trailer was my Baker scaffold.Four simple to assemble pieces and I had a safe platform, 3' x 6' about 5...

I wish!

I wish RVs were built in a way that more ordinary things fit into them. Trying to make over a closet to hold pull out drawers has stumped us. Short of having them custom made everything out there is either way too big to fit or just a smidge too big ...

Upgrade LED lighting

I'm looking to upgrade the LED lights in the bathroom in my 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage. I bought a standard home pendant style light and tried using a 12 volt med base light bulb - nothing. I assume that the 12 volt lighting in the coach is DC, doe...