DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

I just rehabed my slide toppers and save $$$$$$$$

Last spring I noticed that one of my slide toppers was separating from the MH. The stitching had sun rotted and the fabric had pulled away from the channel. I did some research and found out that some people said Carefree had a problem with thread in...

Roll-on bed-liner roof project

I actually posted this over at another forum after I started the project but figured I'd come over here again and share here too. Forgive me if the wording seems awkward, it was multiple posts on the other forum over a couple of days. Maybe one day...

Foot Warming Pad for Unheated Storage Bays

I'm considering using one of these in my wet storage bay in the MH basement. I usually add a caged brood light in areas with water lines that are not adequately heating during freezing weather. I use a 35F switch to activate the light, but this mat...

Campsite Jug Lantern

Since we always camp with others (more than 1 site) I stole the jug lantern idea from the tent campers for a little light around the campsites. Worked great, just a little glow, but was something different at the same time.I cut a 2x8 so it was squar...

Adapting a Portable Grill for RV Propane Use

Most modern RVs come with a standardized outside propane quick-connect, although for some reason, outside appliance companies have been slow to adopt this. Most portable propane appliances come with a single regulator/valve/orifice assembly that scr...

Venting cooking steam outside

I recently purchased a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35u and it does not exhaust the cooking steam outside like our camper did. This one has a Sharp R-1850 convection/microwave above the stove and all the fan does is blow the fumes right back onto our h...

anoldman by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Residential Refrigerator???

I've got a travel trailer with a Dometic RM2652 absorption fridge. The fridge doesn't fridge anymore. I've found this refrigerator at Home Depot: HMDR1030WE CLICKYDoes anyone have any real-world experience with this model? I'm not interested in th...

Air bags for ford f250

Look for air bags for my 2011 f250 crew cab. I pull a 10500lb fifthwheel and want them to level the truck out. Anyone have them and what brands work well?

Alternate HD all metal electric step motor

My Entry Step Motor, SP1636669 has packed up (aluminium drive that metal gear hexagon sits in has stripped). I have looked for replacements and have found many direct replacements around $90 and have also found an all metal gear unit at $150 and am w...

Roy-ston by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Gray tank smells

I've posted about my problem before, and here is what I think is happening.The gray water vent was installed low into the gray water tank, and did not project through the roof. I have corrected the issue as it projects through the roof plane and hav...

Install vinyl floor planks

I HATE the light colored carpet in our fifth wheel. I would like to pull the carpet out and replace it with vinyl wood looking planks. When our slide is fully extended it is level with the trailer floor and is not raised like some I've seen. Would...

Tow vehicle LED project

I added a small LED strip to my rear plate. Wired it in so it comes on when I shift to reverse.The light is mounted to a partial plastic license plate frame the dealer put on my truck when I bought it. I sawed off the part except the part between the...

ib516 by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes