DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New roof on my 24 ft. Wildernes

Hello everyone. This is my first post and hope someone can help me. I am actually working backwards here since I have already installed part of my roof but now I am asking the questions....So here goes...I had roof damage so I removed the old, thin...

gaucho10 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Mattress Replacement for 1987 Toyota Odyssey

I just recently bought an RV and the mattress it in is disgusting. I am having trouble finding the right dimensions for a new mattress. The bed is bunk style 54" x 84" with an 8in slant near the front windows. Most of the old Toyota Rv models have ...

Range Hood Fan Fix and Modification

I made a post in a thread about range hood lights and made reference to a fan upgrade to my range hood I had done and a poster there asked for details. I didn't want to hijack that thread so I started this one so others who might have done something...

LarryJM by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Our new Kayak racks f150 CC

Well, It finally quit raining today so we decided to try putting the Kayaks on the truck. Thanks for all the input on what to buy from this group. This is what we used:Thule 480 Traverse half pack car and truck rack system ...

Small Roof Leak

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 27974889

gwol by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

VIDEO showing install of W/D prep

I've searched EVERYWHERE and I cannot find a video on an actual "rough-in" of washer and dryer prep in an RV. I want to add it myself to my new RV.Please advise if you know of one.Thanks.

KLHNB by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Showerhead- replace or not??

Our RV came with a low-flow showerhead. I don't have a problem with the spray or shut-off switch. According to the printing on the showerhead it has a 2.5 gpm rating. The only reason I would want to change it is if I can find one that would save m...

Installing Window AC in Older Trailer

I have a 1965 Holmescraft 18' trailer I am pretty much rebuilding from the ground up. I want to put in AC and have toyed with a window unit instead of a roof, both for looks and cost. I know window units have side vents and was wondering how the ne...

Jerry9n by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Range venthood light fix

My RV must have the cheapest range vent hood ever. It is a Heng's.The light had never worked and I assumed I just needed a new bulb, but when I checked it I saw it had just burned up on the first use. Can you believe someone would design a hot halo...

fred42 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

managing those 50 Amp cords

so I finally placed my 50 amp super cord into a 5 gallon bucket and love it... BUT the last time out is was a bit on the cooler side at break down time and the cord put up a nice fight when it was tome to go back into the bucket.. I would love to hav...

wire for 30 A

I am going to have a friend, who is an electrician wire me a 30 A receptacle for my TT. From the breaker box to the new recetacle will be @5 feet, then my TT 25' cord.I just found some 10 AWG multi strand in two different colors. Is this going to be...

redecorating unit

This season we have done some things to our '96 Cruise Master. Tune up and new fuel pump. On inside new bedding and new lights - wall sconces in bedroom and living room and table light. Then replaced the wood panel on fridge with shiny black formic...

Need new microwave

My MW recently stopped working. (Over the range) I pulled it out and was going to replace it. The only problem I'm having is the fact that it was mounted to the wall. It was the standard size for home...29 7/8 inches. All of the MW's that I find are ...